After running these commands, check if the Windows could not search for new updates message still appears.
2. Run the Windows Update troubleshooter
- Open the Settings app. You can do that quickly with Windows Key + I shortcut.
- Navigate to the Update & Security section.
- Select Troubleshoot from the menu on the left and go to Additional troubleshooters.
- Select Windows Update and click on Run the troubleshooter.
- Wait for the scan to finish.
After the scan is finished, check if the problem is still there.
3. Create a new administrator account
- Open the Settings app and go to Accounts.
- Select Family & other users and click on Add someone else to this PC.
- Select I don’t have this person’s sign-in information.
- Now select Add a user without a Microsoft account.
- Enter the username and password for the new account.
- Switch to the new account and check if the issue still appears.
If the Windows could not search for new updates is gone, it means that you had some file corruption issues, but creating a new account usually fixes that. Now you just have to migrate all your files from the previous user account to the new one.
Windows could not search for new updates error message can leave your system vulnerable, but we hope that our solutions helped you fix the problem.
If you found a different solution on your own, feel free to share it with us in the comments section below.
This post was written by Milan Stanojevic and was first posted to WindowsReport