While the newly released Windows 11 Build 22449 update for Insider Program users comes with a lot of new features and fixes which I have previously outline. There are also bugs and other issues that installing this update also present.
Below, I will outline all of them for you.
Bugs and Issues Found in Windows 11 Build 22449 Update you should be Aware of.
- Windows Insiders with Windows Defender Application Guard (WDAG) enabled will not receive this build. There is an issue in this build that causes PCs to bugcheck continuously with WDAG enabled. We hope to have this fixed in the next flight.
- We’re working on a fix for an issue that is causing some Surface Pro X devices to bug check with a WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR.
- Several users reported that they are unable to install the latest build due to a Green Screen of Death that appears during installation of the Windows 11 Build 22449 update.
- In some cases, you might be unable to enter text when using Search from Start or the Taskbar. If you experience the issue, press WIN + R on the keyboard to launch the Run dialog box, then close it.
- System and Windows Terminal is missing when right-clicking on the Start button (WIN + X).
- The Taskbar will sometimes flicker when switching input methods.
- In the Windows 11 Build 22449 update, the Flyout menu in the system tray does not have a rounded corner like before. However, by restarting File Explorer from the Task manager, you should be able to fix this.
- After clicking the Search icon on the Taskbar, the Search panel may not open. If this occurs, restart the “Windows Explorer” process, and open the search panel again.
- Search panel might appear as black and not display any content below the search box.
- If you right click files in OneDrive locations in File Explorer, the context menu will unexpectedly dismiss when you hover over entries that open sub-menus, such as “Open with”.
- The widgets board may appear empty. To work around the issue, you can sign out and then sign back in again.
- Widgets may be displayed in the wrong size on external monitors. If you encounter this, you can launch the widgets via touch or WIN + W shortcut on your actual PC display first and then launch on your secondary monitors.
- We’re investigating an issue in which Windows Sandbox may not launch for some Insiders after upgrading to this build.
- We continue to work to improve search relevance in the Store.
- There is an issue where some Insiders may be some missing translations from their user experience for a small subset of languages running the latest Insider Preview builds. To confirm if you have been impacted, please visit this Answers forum post and follow the steps for remediation.
See also: Windows 11 Build 22449 Features.
How to Download and Install Windows 11 Build 22449
- Open the Windows Settings app.
This you can do using the
- Now scroll down the left pane and click on the Windows update option.
- Windows will automatically start searching for new update.
After searching, click on the Download Now button to start downloading. Once the download is complete, it will be installed in the background automatically.
- After installation, click on the Restart Now button so that Windows will replace your current build with newly installed/updated build.
See also: Windows 11 Build 22449 Fixes.
Want to Wait for the Public Release?
Well, the Windows 11 public release is a more stable version of the operating system. And if you want to wait for that, you do not need to wait for a very long time again.
This is because, Microsoft have announced that October 5th will be the date that the public edition of the Windows 11 OS will be released.
So, which will you choose?
Do you find this article helpful? Your Friend might too. So, please Share it with them using the Share button above.
Will you like to get notified when I post new updates? Then Follow me on any of my social media handles: Google News, Telegram, WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest.
You can also drop your email address below if you wish to be notified by mail.