If you need a break from your computer, you can always enable Sleep Mode. But there are certain actions that can wake your computer up. For example, pressing any key on the keyboard, or any mouse button can disable Sleep Mode.
Speaking of which, if you want to prevent your mouse from waking up your computer, follow the steps below.
Prevent Mouse Movement From Waking the Computer
- Launch the Device Manager.
- Go to Mice and other pointing devices.
- If you’re using a Bluetooth mouse, go to Human Interface Devices.
- Right-click on your mouse and select Properties.
- Select the Power Management tab.
- Locate this option: Allow this device to wake the computer. Then uncheck it.
- Restart your computer.
⇒ Quick Tip
By the way, if you want to prevent your keyboard from waking up your computer, the steps to follow are the same.
Right-click on your keyboard, select Properties and disable the option to wake up the computer.
How to Check What Devices Can Wake Up Your PC
You can also check what devices are allowed to wake up your Windows 10 computer.
- Launch Command Prompt as admin.
- Run the following command: powercfg -devicequery wake_armed. Hit Enter.
- The list of the devices that can wake your machine should be visible now.
You can also run the same command to double-check if your device can still wake up the computer after changing the Power Management settings.
As you can see, you only need to tweak the Power Management settings in order to stop your peripherals from waking up the computer.
This post was written by Madalina Dinita and was first posted to Technipages
Do you find this article helpful? Your Friend might too. So, please Share it with them using the Share button above.
Will you like to get notified when I post new updates? Then Follow me on any of my social media handles: Google News, Telegram, WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest.
You can also drop your email address below if you wish to be notified by mail.