TECNO smartphones are quite commonplace in many countries in Africa and Asia, going on to hold a respectable spot in the entry-level and mid-range portions. However, certain TECNO smartphones start displaying an “insufficient storage space” message after a period of time.
In this article, we will look closely at some of the factors that make your TECNO device display this message and what to do when this error message pops up.
- Check your phone’s storage: Sometimes, the “insufficient storage space” message pops up when your device is low on storage, prompting you to free up some space on your device. You can find out how to free up some memory on your TECNO device here.
- Restart your device: To do this, hold down your TECNO smartphone’s power button, then wait till you see an option to restart your smartphone, click on this option and wait for the device to turn off. When it comes back on, this problem should have been rectified. Restarting your device helps you clear your TECNO smartphone’s RAM, making your device operate faster.
- Try using a microSD card: If your device has a slot for external storage, investing in a microSD card will be a good move. When you get this card, you can transfer some of your media and apps to the external storage, freeing up more ROM and ensuring that you don’t get interrupted with “insufficient storage space” messages when working on your phone.
- Reset your apps cache: Your apps cache contains small bits of data that your apps and web browser(s) use to speed up performance. When this cache becomes filled, it can eventually make your device slower or make it display “insufficient storage space” messages. If this has ever happened to your TECNO smartphone, you can take the following steps to clear your cache:
- Open Settings.
- Go to apps, click on the three dots in the top right-hand corner of your device.
- Click on sort by size, this should help you filter your apps and show you the apps that take up the most space.
- Click on the app you want to work on and clear its cache.
- Reset the Google Play Store: This should help you resolve issues pertaining to “insufficient storage space” messages. To do this, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings > Apps > Google Play Store, then click on the three dots in the top right-hand corner of your smartphone.
- After this, click on uninstall updates.
- Wait for Google Play to reset then open the Google Play Store app.
These tips can be particularly helpful whenever your TECNO smartphone starts slowing down or when it displays the “insufficient storage space” message.
You are reading Mobility Arena, the essential guide for mobile phone users around the world. Be sure to check out our homepage for all the latest news and resources. To be notified of the most important articles and the best smartphone deals, join our WhatsApp Group and follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube. Don’t know where to start? Check out our reviews.
This post was written by Alfa Baye and was first posted to Mobility Areana