I see purple checkerboards, the weapon or the world models are missing, and sometimes I experience crashes when the game is loading. How can I verify that my game files are installed correctly?
If you are no stranger to this issue, don’t hesitate to apply the below procedure as soon as possible.
How to verify game integrity on Steam?
1. Steam can’t verify integrity of game files
- Open Steam and select Run as administrator.
- Up next, click Steam at the top of the window to expand the menu.
- Select Settings.
- Click Downloads on the left of the Settings window.
- Then, press the Clear Download Cache button.
- A confirmation window will open, so don’t hesitate to click OK.
- Select OK on the Settings window as well.
- Restart Steam to keep the changes.
Another unpleasant situation is when you receive the verify integrity of game files not working message.
Regardless of the integrity of game files, you can let Steam check into the problem. The cause of this type of issue is usually a bad cache, so just follow the steps described above.
2. Verify the Steam application settings
- Restart your computer.
- Open the Steam application.
- Visit the Library section.
- Verify your game list and choose the one that has issues.
- Right-click on the game and select Properties..
- Choose the Local Files tab.
- Select the option Verify integrity of game files.
- Wait until the Validating Steam Files message reaches 100%.
Whenever the Steam action to verify the integrity of game files is stuck at 99%, remember the first step you must take is restarting your PC. As soon as Windows has loaded, visit the Steam library.
This solution allows you to set the Steam mechanism to search into your steamapps folder of any game that displays different errors. Its purpose is to check if there are any missing or corrupted files.
Whenever Steam finds any missing file, the application will automatically download that specific file and complete the game.
Steam contains a vast library composed of more than 30.000 games and it has gathered more than 100 million people sharing a common passion: gaming.
Sometimes, their games will display different errors such as the one that lets you know that the Steam verify integrity of game files is not working.
This post was written by Vladimir Popescu and was first posted to WindowsReport
Do you find this article helpful? Your Friend might too. So, please Share it with them using the Share button above.
Will you like to get notified when I post new updates? Then Follow me on any of my social media handles: Google News, Telegram, WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest.
You can also drop your email address below if you wish to be notified by mail.