How do I fix UC Browser adblock if it’s not working?
1. Use an alternate browser with a built-in adblocker
UC browser is blocked in a few countries to comply with the region’s local laws. Fortunately, there are alternative browsers like Opera browser that offer built-in adblocker.
Similar to the UC browser, Opera blocks all kinds of intrusive ads, loads pages faster, and comes with a filter option to unblock ads from any site you want.
Additionally, Opera browser offers a free VPN for enhanced privacy and security, built-in messenger apps and snapshot feature, video pop-out, and battery saver feature of the box.
Opera browser comes with its own ad-blocker, and it’s the best browser for ad-free browsing experience.
2. Enable ad-block on UC Browser
- Launch UC Browser browser and click the Menu icon from the top menu.
- Choose Settings from the options.
- From the left pane, click on the Ad Block tab.
- Under Block settings, check the Block pop-up window box. You can also change your filter page ads preference.
- Close the settings page and relaunch the browser app.
Once the app restarts, check if the ad-block issue is resolved. If the ad-block setting is enabled and UC Browser adblock still is not working, try clearing the browser cache to see if that helps resolve the issue.
Clear browser cache
- Click the menu icon and choose Clear browsing data. You can also access it by pressing the Ctrl + Shift + Del key on your keyboard.
- Choose the data you want to clear and click the Clear data button.
- Don’t clear the saved password and other data, as you will have to enter these details when accessing the website again.
- Tap the Menu icon represented by three horizontal lines.
- Now tap on the Ad Block feature to turn it on.
- Optional: Tap on Powerful Ad Blocker for even better ad protection.
Clearing the browser cache will help you resolve any issues that occur due to corrupted data. If the issue persists, move to the next solution.
3. Reinstall UC Browser
- Open the Settings menu on your Android device.
- Navigate to Apps or Application manager.
- Now select UC Browser and choose Uninstall.
- Download the application again.
- Open the Settings app. You can do that with Windows Key + I shortcut.
- Navigate to the Apps section.
- Select UC Browser from the list of installed apps and click on Uninstall.
- Once uninstalled, reboot the computer.
- After the restart, go to the UC browser download page and download the browser’s latest version.
- Install the browser and check if the UC Browser adblock not working issue is resolved.
To completely remove certain application, it’s better to use a dedicated uninstaller software.
This post was written by Tashreef Shareef and was first posted to WindowsReport
Do you find this article helpful? Your Friend might too. So, please Share it with them using the Share button above.
Will you like to get notified when I post new updates? Then Follow me on any of my social media handles: Google News, Telegram, WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest.
You can also drop your email address below if you wish to be notified by mail.