Twitter’s progressive web app (PWA) recently received an update that brings several new features. Twitter’s PWA powers Twitter for Windows, Twitter for KaiOS, Twitter Lite on Android, and mobile.twitter.com, all of which now have the latest update. The update brings support for Fleets, nudges, and a new page for browsing topics.
Here’s everything that’s new, as found in Twitter’s release notes:
- Fleets: We’ve enabled DM Fleet previews and the Fleet viewer screen for all.
- Nudges: When Retweeting a Tweet that contains a link to an article, you’ll now be shown a nudge prompting you to think about reading the article before you share.
- Topics: There’s a new page for browsing and picking Topics. You can find it by going to the Topics screen via the More menu, and clicking “More Topics”. You can also navigate there directly via twitter.com/i/topics/picker.
- Topics: We’re experimenting with showing Topics to follow in the sidebar on widescreen views to give you more examples of Topics you may be interested in.
In addition to the new features, the update also improves several areas of the app:
- Accessibility: Voiceover will now read out labels for government and state-affiliated media when focusing a Tweet that includes these labels.
- Accessibility: Improved focus navigation and voiceover when navigating into a Tweet within a conversation.
- Accessibility: Corrected accessibility markup on Buttons that act as links to other pages, or reposition you on the current page.
- Account: Improved readability of error messages on the account login page.
- DM: Improved dynamic display for larger numbers of avatars in the DM conversation information section for group conversations.
- Emoji: Updated emoji to Twemoji 13.0.2. Visual coverage of the changes can be found at Emojipedia, and more specific information can be found at GitHub.
- Lists: Added screen name to the add/remove from Lists menu action for additional context.
- Notifications: Increased the number of avatars that are shown for condensed notifications on the notification screen.
- Nudges: Improved the look and feel of article nudges shown at various screen sizes when Retweeting a Tweet with a link to an article.
The update allows people to take advantage of Twitter’s newest features across several platforms. The update started rolling out yesterday, so you should see it soon if you haven’t received it yet.
If you don’t like the official Twitter app, you can also check out Fenice, which is one of the best Windows 10 apps.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
This post was written by Sean Endicott and was first posted to WindowsCentral
Do you find this article helpful? Your Friend might too. So, please Share it with them using the Share button above.
Will you like to get notified when I post new updates? Then Follow me on any of my social media handles: Google News, Telegram, WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest.
You can also drop your email address below if you wish to be notified by mail.