Error 13003 indicates your computer could not install Zoom Rooms due to insufficient permissions. In other words, the account you’re using doesn’t have the necessary permissions to install apps. Let’s see how you can bypass error code 13003 and install Zoom Rooms on your machine.
How to Fix Zoom Rooms Error 13003
Install Zoom with Admin Rights
Ensure you’re using an admin account. Then manually download the Zoom client from Zoom’s official website. Right-click on the installer to run it with admin rights. That should be enough to avoid permission-related errors.
If your computer is managed by an organization, your IT admin may have set up specific policies to block users from installing any programs. If this is the case, contact your IT admin.
Update Your Drivers
Outdated or corrupted video and audio drivers could trigger the annoying Zoom error 13003. Update or reinstall your drivers and check if the issue is gone.
- Launch the Device Manager.
- Then locate the driver categories below:
- Sound, video, and game controllers.
- Display adapters.
- Expand each driver category and select Update drive.
- If error 13003 persists, select Uninstall device to remove the current driver.
- Restart your computer. Your machine will automatically install the latest drivers upon restart.
Close Other Programs
If you can’t install Zoom, close all the other programs running in the background. This includes your antivirus, firewall, VPN, and so on. Third-party programs may conflict with the Zoom installer.
- Launch the Task Manager, and click on the Processes tab.
- Right-click on the programs you want to close and select End Task.
- After that, download Zoom again from the official website and run the installer as admin.
Alternatively, you can also clean boot your computer. For step-by-step instructions, check out this guide.
Don’t forget to turn on your antivirus and firewall protection after installing Zoom.
This post was written by Madalina Dinita and was first posted to Technipages
Do you find this article helpful? Your Friend might too. So, please Share it with them using the Share button above.
Will you like to get notified when I post new updates? Then Follow me on any of my social media handles: Google News, Telegram, WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest.
You can also drop your email address below if you wish to be notified by mail.