The Grounded team teased their upcoming feature update last week. Today, as promised, Grounded is opening its Public Test ring for its next major release, the 0.8.0 March Content Update. This update isn’t as massive as previous content updates on the surface, but includes some wonderful features that have been requested by the community since Grounded’s debut.
The highlight of the show? A brand-new Photo Mode is making its entrance in the 0.8.0 update, and dedicated Grounded players can now test it out in the Public Test ring before the 0.8.0 March Content Update is released to Grounded’s early access.
Grounded is undoubtedly one of the best games for Xbox Game Pass, and it is worth a try if you haven’t yet jumped into Obsidian Entertainment’s larger-than-life world.
The full changelog for Grounded’s 0.8.0 Public Test includes:
- Photo Mode: Phase 1
- Password protecting online games
- New building: Door Frame
- New buildings: Triangular Stem Wall and Inverted Triangular Stem Wall
- When you are placing an invalid building, a short message will describe why it is invalid
- When you are holding a Repair Tool, nearby damaged buildings will display an icon
- Loose arrows can be collected by walking over them
- Structures will now collapse much more dramatically when unsupported
- The Armor Dummy UI now has a button that swaps your gear with the dummies. You can also do this without entering the UI by doing a “hold” interact action on the Armor Dummy
- When you are connecting ziplines, the anchor that will be connected is highlighted
- Player nameplates in multiplayer will show if a player is knocked out and how much time they have left to be helped
- Player nameplates will show a “busy” state above it when said player is navigating a menu
Changes & tuning
- Dirty water will now apply a status effect that shows your character is sick. The more dirty water you drink, the worse the effect gets. Resting will make you feel better.
- Smoothie Station functionality has been reworked:
- All smoothies now require a “Goop Base” and 3 “Flavor Ingredients”
- Goop Base determines the effectiveness of the smoothie
- Grub Goop creates a normal smoothie
- Muscle Sprout creates a “beefy” smoothie that heals for twice the amount
- Flavor ingredients can consist of any combination of other items and has same functionality as before
- Reduced the damage reduction of “Dare Devil”
- More intense combat music will play when fighting spiders
- Infected weevils now move slightly faster
- Ladybugs have a new set of attacks to pick from
- Improved the accuracy of aiming with a bow using the third-person camera
- Player nameplates will transition into smaller character icons when not in the center of the screen
- The Interact HUD has been revamped to support showing multiple interaction types at the same time
- Big sap nodules now take longer to respawn than individual saps
- “Base music” now plays during the daytime as well. A new track has been added specifically for night “base music”
- Structures will be less likely to be considered obstructed when placed underneath static props like leaves
- Walls will now often pivot around corners they are snapped to when rotated
- Added the facing helper arrow to the Acorn Storage
- Dew Collector recipe and unlock changed: now unlocks with woven web and requires woven web to build
- Smoothies have been replaced with “Beefy” smoothies
- Double the healing power as normal smoothies
- Same bonus status effect as normal smoothies
- Require the same “flavor” ingredients as normal smoothies
- Uses Muscle Sprout as a “base” instead of Grub Goop
- Improved performance of games with large bases
- Improved performance of games that have a lot of Storage Baskets or Storage Chests with icons set
- A handful of general CPU optimizations added
- Bees now drop pollen into the world in addition to collecting it on their legs when pollinating flowers
Top community issues
- Scaffolds will now reliably be considered anchored when they are built down to the ground from above
- The amount of dew that spawns on grass each morning now matches the amount of dew that exists when you start a new game (doubled the current dew spawn amount)
- Big pebbles should now respawn
- Building relocation will be canceled if another player places a building on the item being moved
- Grid buildings can no longer be anchored to tables
- Stairs are now easier to place on uneven terrain
- Hitting “w” while typing in the lobby chat log no longer sends the message
- Player nameplates are now positioned properly height-wise when playing as a client
Items / equipment / resources
- The player cannot zip while swimming
- Zipline Wall Anchor, Sap Dripper, and Stair Railings can no longer be built underwater
- Zipline Wall Anchor, Sap Dripper, Stair Railings, Abomination Totem, Ant Head Totem, and Slime Mold Sconce can no longer be built inside other buildings
- Reduced volumetric scatter intensity of Firefly Headlamp light beam
- Embedded arrows no longer pop slightly above where they hit
- Repair Tool works in “Mild” mode
- Splatburst now sticks even to surfaces it impacts at an angle
- Fireflies should no longer get stuck on the surface of the pond
It’s a big(ger) world out there.
Obsidian Entertainment makes its exclusive debut on Xbox One and PC with Grounded, a unique survival experience that literally makes all of your problems much, much bigger. Join your friends as you’re shrunk down to the size of an ant and are forced to survive in a dangerous backyard.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
This post was written by Zachary Boddy and was first posted to WindowsCentral
Do you find this article helpful? Your Friend might too. So, please Share it with them using the Share button above.
Will you like to get notified when I post new updates? Then Follow me on any of my social media handles: Google News, Telegram, WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest.
You can also drop your email address below if you wish to be notified by mail.