Browsers occasionally display that error message in tabs when users try to open specific websites. When that error arises, users can’t open a website in browser.
Before trying any solution, we recommend installing the Opera browser and running it in VPN mode. It allows you to switch between different regions.
The VPN feature is completely free and has pretty reasonable speeds when compared to other paid options.
Opera is a lightweight and secure browser with built-in free VPN.
This is how you can fix the Access Denied error
1. Disable VPN software
- The Access Denied error can be due to VPN software, which you can disable.
- Right-click the Start button and select Run.
- Type ncpa.cpl in Run’s text box and click OK to open the Control Panel as in the shot directly below.
- Right-click your VPN to select the disable option for it.
- Then try opening the website with your standard connection.
2. Turn off VPN extensions
Some users might need to turn off VPN browser extensions.
- To do that in Google Chrome, click the Customize Google Chrome button at the top right of the browser.
- Select the More Tools submenu.
- Click Extensions to open that tab.
- Click the toggle button for the VPN extension to turn it off.
3. Use a premium VPN service
Unfortunately, free VPNs often fail at bypassing firewalls, so you might still get the Access Denied: You don’t have permission to access this server error in your web browser.
Disabling your free VPN could fix it. But you won’t be able to take advantage of its security and privacy features anymore.
A better long-term solution is to turn to a paid VPN service like Private Internet Access. Websites will have a harder time identifying and blocking the VPN IP addresses because they aren’t public.
Besides, PIA has more than 22,500 VPN and proxy servers, so there are plenty of options to explore if you get blocked on a specific IP. It also runs private DNS servers to protect your DNS queries from hijackers.
Private Internet Access helps you access websites that aren’t available to your region due to geographical restrictions. For instance, you can watch Netflix US anywhere outside of the United States.
This post was written by Matthew Adams and was first posted to WindowsReport
Do you find this article helpful? Your Friend might too. So, please Share it with them using the Share button above.
Will you like to get notified when I post new updates? Then Follow me on any of my social media handles: Google News, Telegram, WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest.
You can also drop your email address below if you wish to be notified by mail.