We recommend you to install Opera browser. It is known for being really fast and it comes with some really cool data compression features. Additionally, it features a built-in VPN and ad-blocker, for more privacy.
Surf the web faster and safer with the built-in VPN and ad-block features from Opera browser.
How do I fix: Oops! There was a problem displaying this page?
1. Open Google Play E-books with other compatible browsers
Try opening Google Play e-books with alternative browsers. You will need to open the GP e-books within compatible browsers, such as Safari, Edge, Opera, and Firefox. This resolution isn’t exactly a fix for Chrome, but other browsers might still open the GP e-books.
It is always recommended to have installed more than one browser for situations like this. Even if browsers should do the same thing, they come with different built-in features. Some websites can be opened only with a particular browser.
2. Clear Chrome’s browser data
- Press the Customize Google Chrome button at the top right of the browser‘s window.
- Click More tools > Clear browsing data to open the window shown directly below.
- Select the Cookies and other site data and Cached images options.
- Then press the Clear Data button.
Note: Clearing the browser’s data is one of the best ways to fix website pages that aren’t loading, and the resolution might also fix GP e-books. You can clear Chrome’s browser data following the steps above.
- Press the Customize Google Chrome button and select Settings.
- Click Advanced at the bottom of the Settings tab to expand the options.
- Press the Content Settings button to open the content categories shown below.
- Click Cookies to open cookie settings.
- Press the ADD button for Allow, enter books.googleusercontent.com in the text box, and click ADD.
- Press the Allow ADD button again to enter books.google.com in the Add a site text box. Then press the ADD button.
- Click See all cookies and site data to open a list of cookies.
- Enter books in the Search cookies text box.
- Press the Remove All Shown button.
- Then press the Clear All button to confirm.
Note: Some Chrome users have fixed the Google Play e-books error by adding cookie exceptions for Google books.
4. Reset the browser
- Click Customize Google Chrome to open the browser‘s main menu.
- Select Settings to open the Settings tab.
- Scroll down and click Advanced to expand the Settings tab.
- Then scroll to the Restore settings to their original defaults option shown below.
- Press the Restore settings to their original defaults button to open a Reset settings window as below.
- Press the Reset Settings button to restore the browser.
Note: Some Chrome users have confirmed that resetting the browser can fix the GP e-book error. Resetting the browser will disable its extensions, clear browser data, and restore Chrome to its default settings.
5. Turn off Ad-Blocker extensions
- Press the Customize Google Chrome button.
- Select More tools > Extensions to open the tab shown directly below.
- Then you can toggle ad-blocker extensions off by clicking their disable buttons.
- Alternatively, you can click Remove to remove an ad-blocker extension.
Note: The Google Play e-book error can also be due to ad-blockers that block site analytics. So, switching ad-blockers off can also fix the issue. Resetting Chrome will disable ad-blockers, but you can switch extensions off via the Extensions tab following the above steps.
Those resolutions will probably fix Chrome so that you can load Google Play e-books in the browser again. If you have further fixes for the GP e-book error, feel free to share them below.
This post was written by Matthew Adams and was first posted to WindowsReport
Do you find this article helpful? Your Friend might too. So, please Share it with them using the Share button above.
Will you like to get notified when I post new updates? Then Follow me on any of my social media handles: Google News, Telegram, WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest.
You can also drop your email address below if you wish to be notified by mail.