Consequently, MS Office software doesn’t open when that error arises.
How can I fix the 0x426-0x0 error code?
1. Repair the Microsoft Office suite
- First, open the Run accessory by pressing the Windows key + R hotkey that opens it.
- Next, type this command in Run’s open box:
- Click the OK option to open the Programs and Features window.
- Select your Microsoft Office suite software.
- Click the Change button to open a repair utility for MS Office.
- Select the Online Repair radio button.
- Click the Repair button.
2. Enable the Click-to-Run service
- Open the Run window.
- Type this command in Run and press Enter:
- Next, right-click the Microsoft Office Click-to-Run service and select Properties.
- Click the Startup type drop-down menu on the properties window that opens.
- Select the Automatic option.
- Click the Start option.
- Select Apply to save the changed settings.
- Then click OK to exit the properties window.
3. Turn off Windows Defender Firewall
- Open the Windows search utility by pressing the Windows and S keys at the same time.
- Type firewall in the search utility.
- Click Windows Defender Firewall to open that applet’s window.
- Click Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off to open Customize Settings.
- Select both the radio buttons for the Turn off Windows Defender Firewall options.
- Press the OK button to exit the window.
Note: If disabling WDF works, that firewall was probably blockingor Click-to-Run.
You can check the app settings for WDF as outlined within our Windows Defender Firewall is blocking a port or program post.
4. Disable third-party antivirus utilities
If you’ve installed a third-party antivirus utility, disable that software by right-clicking its system tray icon.
You’ll probably be able to select a disable shield option on its system tray icon’s context menu.
Temporarily disable the antivirus utility for a few hours, and then try launching an MS Office application.
5. Uninstall AVG PC TuneUp
- Open Run’s window, and enter this command in its Open box:
- Click OK to open the Windows uninstaller.
- Select the AVG PC TuneUp utility.
- Select the Uninstall option.
- Click Yes on confirmation prompts.
- Restart your desktop or laptop after uninstalling AVG PC TuneUp.
6. Reinstall Microsoft Office
- Open the Programs and Features applet as outlined in resolution one.
- Select your MS Office suite software.
- Click Uninstall to remove the suite.
- Restart Windows after you’ve uninstalled MS Office.
- Click File Explorer’s taskbar button.
- Open the Program Files (x86) or Program Files folder in File Explorer depending on what the architecture version of your uninstalled Microsoft Office suite was.
- Select any remaining Office folders you might find by holding the Ctrl key.
- Click Delete on the Home tab.
- To open the Registry Editor, enter the following command in Run and click OK:
- Then find these registry keys in the editor’s window:
- Erase those registry keys by right-clicking them and selecting Delete.
- Thereafter, reinstall the Microsoft Office suite.
Note: Error code 0x426-0x0 can arise if there’s conflicting MS Office software installed on the same PC.
If you have an older Microsoft Office version installed, try uninstalling that first as outlined above. T
here’s also an Office uninstall support tool you can utilize for removing Office software.
This post was written by Matthew Adams and was first posted to WindowsReport
Do you find this article helpful? Your Friend might too. So, please Share it with them using the Share button above.
Will you like to get notified when I post new updates? Then Follow me on any of my social media handles: Google News, Telegram, WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest.
You can also drop your email address below if you wish to be notified by mail.