What does a red dot on Discord mean?
There are two types of red dots in Discord. One red dot appears when users have unread messages. That red dot includes a small white dot and highlights there are unread messages. The red dot on Discord icon usually appears when you have unread messages.
The second type of red dot with a black line on it can appear within the Discord desktop or web app. That red dot is one of the four status indicators you’ll see on your user name. Discord red dot with line is a status indicator which means do not disturb.
How do I get rid of the red dot on Discord?
1. Toggle the unread message badge setting off
- To disable unread message red dots, click the User Settings button in Discord shown directly below.
- Next, click Notifications on the left side of Discord.
- Then turn off the Enable Unread Message Badge option.
- Thereafter, restart your Discord app.
This is a quick and easy solution if Discord red dot won’t go away, so be sure to try it.
2. Mute channels
- Click your server button on the left side of Discord.
- Right-click a channel to mute to open a context menu.
- Select the Mute Channel option.
- Then select the Until I turn it back on option.
Note: Muting a channel will disable unread message notifications for that channel. You’ll still receive red dot unread message notifications for channels that aren’t muted.
Alternatively, you can mute all your channels to get rid of the red dot taskbar icon notification.
3. Select the Mark as read option
You can mark messages as read for all channels within a server to eliminate red dot unread message notifications.
You can do that by right-clicking a server button and selecting the Mark As Read option. Do that for all your Discord server buttons to mark all your messages as read.
After doing that red dot on Discord icon will go away. Keep in mind that this is just temporary, and the red dot will appear after you get new messages.
4. Change your online status to remove red dot with line
To get rid of the online status red dot with line, click your user avatar button shown directly below.
That will open a menu from which you can select four alternative status settings. Select the Online status option to replace a red dot with line in Discord.
This post was written by Matthew Adams and was first posted to WindowsReport
Do you find this article helpful? Your Friend might too. So, please Share it with them using the Share button above.
Will you like to get notified when I post new updates? Then Follow me on any of my social media handles: Google News, Telegram, WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest.
You can also drop your email address below if you wish to be notified by mail.