Still wondering whether you can play Harry Potter and Sorcerers’ Stone on Windows 10 PC?
Yes, it is possible. You can play many old games on Windows 10 using third-party tools like GoG.
In this article, we explore a few workarounds to play this popular Harry Potter game on your Windows 10 PC.
How do I play harry potter and the sorcerer’s stone?
1. Run the game in compatibility mode
- Locate and right-click on the Harry Potter and Sorcerer’s Stone game shortcut.
- Select Properties.
- Open the Compatibility tab.
- Check Run this program in compatibility mode box under the Compatibility Mode section.
- Choose Windows XP Service Pack 3 from the OS list.
- Click Apply and OK to save the changes.
- Once the changes are saved, double-click on the game shortcut to see if it works.
Windows 10 comes with a built-in compatibility mode that allows you to run apps made for an older version of Windows on the newer version of Windows.
If the issue persists, check if you have a secdrv.sys in the game‘s folder. You can also check the properties of the games‘ .exe file for more information.
With Starforce, Macrovision and Securom are some of the protection drivers rejected by Windows 10. This problem usually occurs if you are trying to install the game from a CD.
2. Install the game with a patch
- Before we proceed with how to use the patch, make sure you have the original disc and a valid serial number of the game.
- Insert the disc and install the game. Make sure to create a game shortcut on your desktop.
- Once you have installed the game, don’t run it.
- If a shortcut is not placed automatically, go to the game installation folder, right-click on the exe file and select Create a Shortcut.
- Download these patched files to your computer.
- Extract the downloaded files into the game’s folder. To find the game’s folder, right-click on the shortcut and click Open File Location.
- Once all the files are extracted, run the game from the shortcut on your desktop.
The first start may take a while. If it asks which 3D device to use, choose Direct3D Support.
Once the game is loaded, go to Options and change the resolution to 1024 x 768 and the color depth to 32-bit. To increase the game resolution, you need to edit the games‘ ini file. However, editing the file can make the game crash.
Harry Potter and Sorcerer’s Stone is a popular action-adventure game based on the popular Harry Potter series and novel.
If you are trying to play this old classic on your new Windows 10 system, you can do it with the help of new patches.
This post was written by Tashreef Shareef and was first posted to WindowsReport
Do you find this article helpful? Your Friend might too. So, please Share it with them using the Share button above.
Will you like to get notified when I post new updates? Then Follow me on any of my social media handles: Google News, Telegram, WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest.
You can also drop your email address below if you wish to be notified by mail.