How do I fix Oblivion crashing on startup?
1. Delete the game folder from My Games
- Click on My Computer.
- Select and click on Documents.
- Click on My Games.
- Open the folder named Oblivion.
- Skip the Save folder.
- Select everything else.
- Right-click and choose the Delete option.
- Restart the game.
When you delete the Oblivion folder, this overwrites and resets any possible wrong configurations you have previously made or the improper ones after the game was installed.
Although simple, this solution will help you prevent Oblivion crash on startup.
2. Uninstall problematic software
- Log into your admin account.
- Open the Settings app and go to the Apps section.
- Identify and select Cyberlink Power DVD 5.
- Click the Uninstall button to remove it.
Even though it is a reliable application available for users in different formats, Cyberlink Power DVD 5 can cause Oblivion to crash on startup.
If you want to continue using this software, you can just update it to the latest version from the link below.
Cyberlink Power DVD is an advanced multimedia player that can easily any file type or disc.
3. Install K Lite Codec Pack
- Visit our best codec packs for Windows 10 article.
- Go to the K-Lite codec packs section.
- From there, download the K-Lite codec pack.
- Choose the Basic version.
- Click on Download Basic.
- Now run the downloaded file to install the codecs.
Installing a good quality pack on your computer is a necessary strategy that prevents Oblivion crash on startup.
After using this solution, restart your computer to apply these changes and run Elder Scrolls: Oblivion to check if the issue has disappeared.
Just like many other popular RPG games from the past, Elder Scrolls: Oblivion will sometimes encounter issues when played on Windows 10.
Unpleasant as it may be, the Oblivion crash on startup is not something that can’t be solved.
If you found our solutions helpful, do let us know in the comments section below.
FAQ: Learn more about Oblivion crashes
- Why does my oblivion keep crashing?
Most likely the crash occurs due to damaged installation files. However, you can easily fix game crashes on Windows 10.
This post was written by Loredana Harsana and was first posted to WindowsReport
Do you find this article helpful? Your Friend might too. So, please Share it with them using the Share button above.
Will you like to get notified when I post new updates? Then Follow me on any of my social media handles: Google News, Telegram, WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest.
You can also drop your email address below if you wish to be notified by mail.