That sound issue has been more widely reported by users utilizing Twitch in browsers.
How can I fix audio for Twitch streams
1. Use an alternative browser
You might find you can hear the same Twitch stream fine with a different browser.
Opera GX is a good alternative to Chrome that includes numerous features you won’t find in Google’s browser. Opera’s mouse gestures, screenshot utility, and battery saver are three features that aren’t in Chrome.
The Opera browser also packs in more built-in customization settings. Its users can configure various aspects of Opera’s UI and start page via the Settings tab as well keyboard shortcuts.
Opera GX also includes a built-in dark mode, and its users can customize the browser with Chrome extensions.
Opera GX is a special version of the browser more specifically designed for gaming. Twitch is integrated within Opera GX. Users can view Twitch streams for channels they follow directly from the sidebar in GX.
Other useful Opera features
- Users can search for specific tabs with Opera’s tab search tool
- Opera is one of the few browsers with built-in VPN
- It includes a built-in ad-blocker for blocking ads
- The Opera sidebar incorporates a built-in music player and messenger apps
Ensure a seamless Twitch experience by using the integrated features of Opera GX.
2. Update & fix audio device drivers
- Press Win + X on your keyboard.
- Choose Device Manager from the list.
- Find the audio device you want to update.
- Right-click on it, and choose Update Driver.
- Choose Search automatically for drivers.
- Install any recommended drivers.
If you want to simplify the process considerably and ensure a long-term solution to this issue, we recommend you try specialized driver updater software like DriverFix.
3. Select the stereo setting for audio devices
- Right-click the sound (speaker) icon on the Windows system tray.
- Next, click Open Sound settings to open Settings.
- Click Sound Control Panel to open the window shown directly below.
- Select the audio device you’re utilizing to listen to Twitch stream.
- Then click the Configure button.
- Select the Stereo option if it’s not selected.
- Then click Next > Finish to apply the new setting.
Note: This resolution is more specifically for users who need to fix streams’ sound for audio devices with surround sound enabled.
This post was written by Matthew Adams and was first posted to WindowsReport
Do you find this article helpful? Your Friend might too. So, please Share it with them using the Share button above.
Will you like to get notified when I post new updates? Then Follow me on any of my social media handles: Google News, Telegram, WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest.
You can also drop your email address below if you wish to be notified by mail.