If you’re no longer part of a Microsoft Teams group, you can always leave that team. The steps to follow are very simple and we’ll list them below.
Steps to Leave a Team in Microsoft Teams
- Click on Teams.
- Then hover your mouse over the team you want to quit. Click on More Options.
- Click on the Leave the team button.
- You’ll be asked if you’re sure you want to leave the team. Hit the Leave the team button to confirm your choice.
⇒ Important Notes:
- If the team you want to quit is an org-wide team, ask the admins to remove you from it. You cannot leave an org-wide team.
- Students cannot leave teams. If your teacher added you to a class team, they’re the only ones who can remove you from the team.
- The last owner of a team cannot leave the team. You need to delete it before you’re allowed to quit the team.
How to Leave an Organization in Teams
If you’re the admin of a free Teams organization, you need to first delete your organization. Otherwise, you won’t be able to leave the team.
- Go to https://myapps.microsoft.com/ and sign in with your Microsoft account.
- Then click on your profile picture and select Settings.
- Click on the Leave organization button.
- If you’re a member of multiple organizations, you need to first sign-in to the account that’s managed by the organization you want to leave. Click onSign in to leave organization.
- Confirm your choice by clicking on the Leave button.
And this is how you can leave a team or organization in Microsoft Teams.
This post was written by Madalina Dinita and was first posted to Technipages
Do you find this article helpful? Your Friend might too. So, please Share it with them using the Share button above.
Will you like to get notified when I post new updates? Then Follow me on any of my social media handles: Google News, Telegram, WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest.
You can also drop your email address below if you wish to be notified by mail.