Microsoft Editor is a built-in assistant that helps you correct grammar and spelling in your writing. It’s available within Microsoft Word, Outlook, and on some of Microsoft’s services on the web. Now, Microsoft is testing a new way to interact with Editor on Word for Windows. The new look should be easier to use and cleaner than before.
The new look and features are available to Current Channel (Preview) users running version 2010 (Build 13328.20000) or later.
Here are the changes that Microsoft is introducing to Editor, as found in an Insider blog post:
- The ability to view spelling, grammar and other intelligent suggestions with one click- either left or right-click any underlined word. In addition, you can also select an underline word and then press Shift+F10 or Alt+Down to display Editor suggestions.
- Microsoft Editor
* A dedicated and simplified view of Editor’s suggestions with a flexibility to display more information if required.
- An upgraded Editor pane that allows for more contextual and accessible review experience.
Microsoft cites four key reasons for these changes in its blog post:
- Clean interface: simplifies the process of reviewing suggestions.
- Dedicated experience: allows a quick, focused review that is free from distractions of non-Editor commands.
- Primary click-to-view experience: more common and convenient than a right-click.
- More contextual review experience in the Editor pane with suggestions appearing closer to the error in the document.
Microsoft Editor is built into Microsoft Word. You can also download it for Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome. You need a Microsoft 365 subscription for premium features and to use it on Word on PCs.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
This post was written by Sean Endicott and was first posted to WindowsCentral
Do you find this article helpful? Your Friend might too. So, please Share it with them using the Share button above.
Will you like to get notified when I post new updates? Then Follow me on any of my social media handles: Google News, Telegram, WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest.
You can also drop your email address below if you wish to be notified by mail.