If you have a Windows PC and an Android smartphone, it is very easy to share data from one device to another. But, that is not the case if you have a Mac PC and an Android smartphone. You will need a third-party application to transfer files between a Mac and an Android device. But, most of these applications are time consuming and inefficient.
But, if you are looking for a quick and efficient tool to transfer files between Mac PC and Android smartphone, you should make use of MacDroid.
What is MacDroid?
There are many third-party applications that claim to share files between a Mac PC and an Android device. But, most of these applications are either time consuming or inefficient.
MacDroid is an application designed for transferring files between a Mac PC and an Android device. It is quick as well as highly efficient. It also provides its users with several useful features.
Features of MacDroid include:
1. There is no limitation to the file formats which you can share using MacDroid. You can share images, videos, music, documents, and android file transfer, etc.
2. It supports Single-Operation Mode (MTP) as well as Multi-Operation Mode (ADB) for transferring files between your Mac and Android device.
3. No special cables are required to establish a connection between your Mac and Android device. As soon as your device is plugged in via USB cable, you will get access to its files directly in the Finder.
4. You can edit the files present on your Android device, directly from your Mac and that too, without facing them.
5. Both internal and external storage of your Android device can be mounted using MacDroid.
6. MacDroid supports all Android and MTP devices.
Some Requirements of MacDroid include:
1. Your MacOS should be 10.10 or later.
2. Enable USB debugging mode on your Android device.
How to connect your Mac PC to your Android device over MacDroid?
The steps involved in connecting a Mac PC to an Android device is quite easy. Follow the steps listed below to do so.
Step 1- Download and install MacDroid on your Mac PC from here.
Step 2- Connect your Android device to your Mac PC via a USB cable. Enable MTP on your Android device.
Step 3- Now, launch MacDroid on your Mac PC and go to ‘Devices‘ in its main menu.
Step 4- You will be provided with an option to establish an ADB or MTP connection. Select one of these and then, follow the on-screen instructions to connect your Mac PC to your Android device.
Now, you can start transferring all your data from your Mac PC to your Android device and vice versa.
Features of MacDroid Free and Pro Version include:
MacDroid’s Free version only allows its users to transfer files from Android to Mac PC and not vice versa. This version provides a 7-day free trial of its PRO version.
MacDroid PRO version allows its users to transfer files in both directions. Its annual subscription costs $19.99 only. You can also purchase a monthly subscription which costs $1.67 per month.
You can visit the official website of MacDroid and download whichever version you find suitable. You can use this ‘https://www.macdroid.app‘ link.
You may also like:
This is all you need to know about MacDroid before you start using it to transfer files between your Mac PC and your Android device.
If we have missed out on any such useful information about MacDroid, then please let us know about it in the comments section below.
This post was written by Mukesh Bhardwaj and was first posted to iTech Hacks
Do you find this article helpful? Your Friend might too. So, please Share it with them using the Share button above.
Will you like to get notified when I post new updates? Then Follow me on any of my social media handles: Google News, Telegram, WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest.
You can also drop your email address below if you wish to be notified by mail.