Suddenly, after a round of Windows 10 updates, my Windows 10 Home PC no longer recognizes my Logitech Unifying USB Receiver, which links my wireless mouse/keyboard. So I can’t use my mouse and keyboard.
It’s crucial that you fix this problem, or else your peripherals remain unusable. So in this article, we’re going to show you how to do it.
What can I do if my Logitech Unifying Receiver won’t pair?
1. Update the Logitech Receiver drivers
- Navigate to Device Manager.
- Expand Mice and other devices.
- Now, find HID-compliant mouse and disable it by right-clicking on it and choosing the Disable option.
- Download the Logitech Unifying Receiver software.
- Once you have downloaded it, right-click on it and then run it as administrator.
- Then, install the Logitech Unifying Receiver software, and start is as administrator.
Additionally, you can use third-party tools such as DriverFix to automatically update all your drivers with just a few clicks.
The main benefits of using DriverFix are a safer and a quicker updating process. You won’t have to spend time choosing the right driver, as this tool will do it for you.
Besides, installing and setting up the program is extremely easy. And, as you’ll see, the tool is connected to a large online database of the latest drivers, so you will only get the most recent recommendations.
Quickly restore your Logitech Unifying Receiver by updating all drivers with this powerful, yet simple tool.
2. Uninstall the MotionInJoy GamePad Tool
- Navigate to the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program under Programs.
- Then, select View by Category.
- In the Programs and Features tab, look for MotionInJoy GamePad Tool.
- Right-click on it and Uninstall.
- Now, restart your system and confirm that the problem is solved.
- Log in and connect the USB device again to recognize Logitech Unifying Receiver.
3. Delete the DS3 files
- Go to Device Manager and find all MotioninJoy devices.
- Right-click on them one by one to Uninstall them.
- Now, select Delete the driver software for this device option and click on Uninstall.
- Type regedit in the search box and hit Enter.
- Go to the menu bar and choose Edit, then Find.
- Type DS3 in the search box that appears.
- Right-click on all the DS3 files and delete each one of them.
- Unplug the Logitech Unifying Receiver device and then restart your computer.
- Plug in the receiver.
- Find the right Logitech Unifying Receiver driver.
4. Check that the device files exist
- Go to the following directory:
- You should now see usb.inf and USB.PNF files. (The file names might differ, but you can check by right-clicking on the files and selecting Properties option to see the file names.)
Note: If you don’t find the files, copy them from another computer that also uses Logitech Unifying Receiver, then paste them to the above-mentioned directory.
Once you are sure that the file exists, check if the Unifying receiver is fixed.
What can I do if the unifying receiver not working with keyboard?
1. Install the Logitech Unifying software
- Go to the official Logitech Unifying software page and click on the Download Now button.
- After you download the file run it and install it on your PC.
- Restart your PC, then right-click the shortcut on your desktop and select Run as administrator from the menu.
- Try to connect your Logitech keyboard and see if the problem has been solved.
2. Check if your keyboard is powered
The unifying receiver only works with Logitech keyboards so make sure that the keyboard you are trying to pair is from Logitech and, more importantly, it the keyboard is powered.
If the keyboard is rechargeable, make sure that it’s charged before pairing. If it’s powered by batteries, check them or swap them with a new set before pairing.
This post was written by Madalina Dinita and was first posted to WindowsReport
Do you find this article helpful? Your Friend might too. So, please Share it with them using the Share button above.
Will you like to get notified when I post new updates? Then Follow me on any of my social media handles: Google News, Telegram, WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest.
You can also drop your email address below if you wish to be notified by mail.