Not only this is issue problematic for the one who suffers from it, but it will also ruin the game for his teammates and enemies, because the game is unplayable if one person is missing.
League of Legends is not starting after Champion Select
1. Reset the Network Adapter
- Press Windows Key + R to open the Run Dialog box.
- Type cmd and press OK to open the Command Prompt.
- In the command prompt enter the following command and hit enter to execute:
netsh winsock reset
- This should reset the network adapter.
- Close the command prompt.
- Now launch League of Legends with Champion Select and check for any improvements.
2. Turn off the Windows Firewall
- Type Firewall in the Cortana/search bar and click on Firewall and Network Protection option.
- Click on your currently active network.
- Now turn off the Windows Defender Firewall by clicking on the toggle switch.
- If the User Account Control prompts for a confirmation, click on Yes.
- Close the Settings window and launch League of Legends.
- Select Champion Select and check if the game launched without any issues.
- If the issue persists, try to turn off any other firewall that is enabled on your system.
3. Use a third-party app
One other cause to such a problem is incompatible or outdated drivers. You should always try to get the latest drivers for all of your hardware and software when available.
DriverFix will scan your PC’s components and apps for new drivers and install them for you. The process is almost automated, you only need to click a couple of times to confirm.
Your GPU and CPU are extremely important when it comes to gaming or any kind of dedicated application that will stress your PC.
In order to keep your PC ready for any new game or intensive workloads, be sure to use an automated driver assistant that will always look for the newest manufacturer driver versions and help you install them with ease, and we strongly recommend DriverFix.
Follow these easy steps to safely update your drivers:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch DriverFix.
- Wait for DriverFix to detect all your faulty drivers.
- DriverFix will now show you all the drivers that have issues, and you just need to select the ones you’d liked fixed.
- Wait for DriverFix to download and install the newest drivers.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Do not let a bad driver interfere with your games and installed software. Download now DriverFix and run them without a single problem.
Disclaimer: this program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
4. Disable IPv6
- Go to Microsoft’s website for configuring IPv6 and its components.
- Click on the Download button for Disable Ipv6 on non-tunnel interfaces (except the loopback) and on the IPv6 tunnel interfaces.
- Run the MicrosoftEasyFix20170.mini.diagcab file.
- Click on the Next button when the EasyRepair window appears.
- The tool will disable IPv6 component on your system.
- Close the troubleshooter and launch League of Legends.
- Check if the game runs without any issues.
5. Change DNS Server
- Press Windows Key + R to open Run.
- Type control and press OK to open Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel, click on Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center.
- From the right pane click on Change Adapter Settings.
- Right-click on your Network adapter and select Properties.
- In the Properties window, double-click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
- Select Use the following DNS server addresses option.
- In the DNS server field enter the following digits:
Preferred DNS Server: 220.127.116.11
Alternate DNS Server: 18.104.22.168
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Close the Control Panel windows.
- Now try to launch League of Legends and check for any improvements.
That concludes our article today. We hope these solutions fixed your League of Legends game not starting after Champion select problem. Feel free to give us any feedback regarding the subject in the comment section below.
This post was written by Tashreef Shareef and was first posted to WindowsReport