Windows 10 versions 20H2 and 2004 now have a new optional update available. The update brings PCs to version 19042.906 or 19041.906 depending on the last major update your PC received. The highlights and changes for both versions are the same and include several bug fixes. Among the issues fixed, the update addresses a problem that causes HDR screens to appear darker than expected and an issue that causes video playback to be out of sync across multiple monitors.
Here’s everything that’s new with the updates, as outlined by Microsoft:
- Updates an issue with zoom that occurs when using Microsoft Edge IE Mode on devices that use multiple high-DPI monitors.
- Updates an issue that makes high dynamic range (HDR) screens appear much darker than expected.
- Updates an issue that causes video playback to be out of sync in duplicate mode when you use multiple monitors.
- Updates an issue that displays nothing or shows “Computing Filters” indefinitely when you filter File Explorer search results.
- Updates an issue that makes the split layout unavailable for the touch keyboard when you rotate a device to portrait mode.
- Informs users when a child account in the Family Safety plan has administrative privileges.
- Updates an issue that prevents you from closing Toast Notifications using the Close button on touchscreen devices.
- Updates an issue with 7.1 channel audio technology.
- Updates an issue that causes a device to stop working if you delete files or folders that OneDrive syncs.
These are optional updates, so you have to seek them out. You can either grab them through Windows Update by searching for optional updates or grab them through the Microsoft Update Catalog.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
This post was written by Sean Endicott and was first posted to WindowsCentral
Do you find this article helpful? Your Friend might too. So, please Share it with them using the Share button above.
Will you like to get notified when I post new updates? Then Follow me on any of my social media handles: Google News, Telegram, WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest.
You can also drop your email address below if you wish to be notified by mail.