Does ExpressVPN work on Netflix?
Before we get to the technical details of configuring ExpressVPN to work with Netflix, we must make sure that this service can unblock US Netflix, to begin with.
Although Netflix is notorious for blocking non-US residents from accessing its US library, a few workarounds involving VPN usage have surfaced in the last few years.
On the other hand, Netflix quickly caught wind of using VPNs to bypass geo-restrictions and started to block VPN users.
Fortunately, ExpressVPN is one of the services that work on Netflix. In other words, ExpressVPN can bypass Netflix’s VPN block gracefully and without significant efforts.
How to use ExpressVPN to watch Netflix
- Purchase an ExpressVPN subscription plan
- Download and install ExpressVPN on your device
- Launch the VPN client
- Log into your ExpressVPN account
- Connect to a fast US server
- Log into your Netflix account
- Enjoy watching US Netflix content from non-US locations
Sometimes, Netflix may figure out VPN IP addresses and prevent them from accessing geo-restricted content. If you notice that a certain ExpressVPN US server doesn’t seem to unblock US Netflix, just pick another one and try again.
Need a VPN that can unblock US Netflix for you? ExpressVPN might be what you’re looking for.
It’s worth mentioning that ExpressVPN also offers a DNS service, called MediaStreamer for faster streaming speeds. However, note that the MediaStreamer doesn’t provide you with any of ExpressVPN‘s privacy and security features.
For instance, you can’t change location, and your traffic won’t be encrypted. However, you’ll benefit from higher streaming speeds, and your traffic won’t be detected as VPN traffic, thus it won’t be blocked.
It’s also worth mentioning that the MediaStreamer service comes with a premium ExpressVPN subscription. Therefore, you’ll need to have one of those before you can use the DNS service.
How to use Media Streamer to watch Netflix
- Sign in to your ExpressVPN account
- Head to the DNS Settings tab
- Type your IP address in the appropriate field
- Hit the Register my IP address button
- Enable the Automatically register my IP address option
- Go to the Active Subscriptions page
- Click Set Up ExpressVPN
- Copy the address in the MediaStreamer section
- On your Windows 10 PC, hit the Win key on your keyboard
- Type ncpa.cpl and press Enter
- Right-click your active network connection and select Properties
- Uncheck IPv6 and double-click IPv4
- Click the Use the following DNS server addresses
- Paste the MediaStreamer address in the Preferred DNS Server section
- Click OK
If you’re using non-automatic, ISP-assigned DNS servers, it’s a wise thing to write them down somewhere. You may need to replace the DNS server at some point.
Why is ExpressVPN not working with Netflix?
Even if we’ve tested ExpressVPN and it seems to work flawlessly with US Netflix, some users reported having some difficulties while trying it.
This post was written by Vlad Constantinescu and was first posted to WindowsReport
Do you find this article helpful? Your Friend might too. So, please Share it with them using the Share button above.
Will you like to get notified when I post new updates? Then Follow me on any of my social media handles: Google News, Telegram, WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest.
You can also drop your email address below if you wish to be notified by mail.