Many new iPhones users has reported that they are unable to turn off their new version of iPhones. So in this article, I will explain 2 easy ways to turn off your iPhone X, iPhone 11, and iPhone 12.
Turning off iPhone X and other newer Versions | First Way.
- Press and hold either Volume Up button or Volume Down button and the Right-Side button for a few seconds.
- The power off slider will appear. When it does, just swipe it to the right to shut down your phone.
Turning off iPhone X and other newer Versions | Second Way.
Press the Volume Up button for 1 second, followed by Volume Down button for 1 second, then press and hold the Side Button until the phone turns off.
Note: This should be done simultaneously without delays.
See Also: Best Camera App for Android and iPhone.
iPhone Hard-Button Schematic.
See Also: How to Fix iPhone Back Tap Not Working
Turning off Older iPhones (iPhone 8 and Older)
Turning off older iPhones is simple and straightforward .
Just hold the side/power button, and the power off slider screen should appear. Then, swipe the slider to the right to turn off the device.
Why Turn off your iPhone
There are numerous reasons for turning off your iPhone. But in case you are wondering, here are some of the popular reasons.
- When you want to change or replace your SIM card.
- To prevent other from triangulating your location.
- Turning your iPhone off and then back on will restart the iOS.
This is important in fixing performance issues.
Do you find this article helpful? Your Friend might too. So, please Share it with them using the Share button above.
Will you like to get notified when I post new updates? Then Follow me on any of my social media handles: Google News, Telegram, WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest.
You can also drop your email address below if you wish to be notified by mail.