Regardless of the reason why you want to stop saving documents to OneDrive, there is a quick and simple solution for this and we will present it in this article, so keep on reading.
How can I stop saving documents to OneDrive?
1. Use a specialized tool
If you don’t want to necessary use the cloud storage that already comes with Windows 10 then we have great news for you. There are plenty of other, more advanced, cloud storage solutions that you can try.
Sync.com is one of the best cloud storage services that let’s you quickly sync, store, share and access your files from anywhere.
It blends seamlessly with all operating systems and allows for easy upload of your files. As mentioned below you can access the files from about anywhere since the cloud comes with more than enough storage for all your devices.
Moreover, Sync.com is completely customizable when it comes to privacy features. You can create a password for your files, grant granular permissions, and set two-factor authentication.
Use this fantastic cloud storage to easily share, store and manage all your important files.
2. Pause syncing
- From the notification/menu area, select the OneDrive icon.
- Select Help & Security, and click on Pause syncing.
- Here, you can select how much time to pause syncing: 2, 8, or 24 hours.
- Now you will see that the OneDrive cloud icon shows Paused.
This is one way to stop saving documents to OneDrive, but this is just a temporary solution that you’ll have to repeat regularly.
3. Remove all the files
- Press the OneDrive icon and click on Help & Settings and choose Settings.
- Navigate to the Account tab. In here, press Choose Folders.
- Next, disable Sync all files and fodlers in OneDrive.
- Finally press OK for the change to save.
4. Stop OneDrive from starting with Windows
- Press the OneDrive icon and click on Help & Settings.
- Select Settings tab and disable the Start OneDrive automatically when I sign in to Windows option.
- Press OK to save the changes and close the window.
After making these changes, you’ll stop saving documents to OneDrive permanently.
- Locate OneDrive icon in the notification area and click on Help & Settings. Choose Settings.
- Next, navigate to the Account tab, and click on the Unlink this PC option.
- When asked to confirm the change press Unlink this account.
- After you confirm, OneDrive will sign out from your PC.
If you want to stop saving documents to OneDrive, you should be able to do so with the solutions from this guide.
Please let us know in the comments section below if you have additional comments and recommendations, we would love to read them.
This post was written by Loredana Harsana and was first posted to WindowsReport