I have a love-hate relationship with Facebook. Many years ago, I wanted to quit the platform. I noticed Facebook had posted some photos from my media gallery without my consent. I was angry and determined to permanently delete my account.
But then I realized it was probably my fault. In other words, I simply forgot to properly set up my account and customize all the privacy settings.
If you don’t want to go through the same experience, you need to tweak your account settings. We’ll show you exactly how you can block Facebook from accessing your photos.
How to Prevent Facebook from Reaching Your Photos
If you already granted Facebook access to your photos, you can always revoke the permissions. We’ll show you how you can do that.
Steps to Stop Facebook from Accessing Photos on Android
- Open the Settings App.
- Then, tap on Apps.
- Select Apps again to list all the applications installed on your device.
- Locate and select Facebook.
- Go to Permissions.
- The app permissions are visible under two categories: Allowed and Denied.
- Revoke Facebook’s permission to access your Camera and Storage. This will block the social media network from accessing the photos stored on your device.
Steps to Stop Facebook from Accessing Photos on iOS
- Navigate to Settings.
- Then go to Privacy.
- Select Photos.
- Select Facebook.
- Set the access permissions to Never.
Delete Facebook Photos
Now that you stopped Facebook from accessing your photos, you may want to take this one step further. You can also delete the photos you uploaded to Facebook.
- Go to your profile and select Photos.
- Select the photos you want to delete.
- Then click on the three-dot menu.
- Click on Delete photo(s).
You can also check out our guide on How to Delete Photos and Videos From Facebook for more information.
This post was written by Madalina Dinita and was first posted to Technipages
Do you find this article helpful? Your Friend might too. So, please Share it with them using the Share button above.
Will you like to get notified when I post new updates? Then Follow me on any of my social media handles: Google News, Telegram, WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest.
You can also drop your email address below if you wish to be notified by mail.