Popular messaging platform WhatsApp first launched in November of 2009 just for iPhone, before going on to gain support for Android OS in August of 2010. The app has grown in leaps and bounds ever since, going on to become one of the most-used apps by smartphone owners worldwide, with over 2 billion users globally.
However, there are times when we lose some important information on WhatsApp on our Android smartphones and we need to find a way to recover these messages. In this piece, we will look at tips to recover deleted messages on your Android device.
One of the first things to note is, you need to have a Google Drive backup to recover deleted WhatsApp messages on your Android device easily, if you do not have one, you can follow these tips to set up one for your Android device:
- Open WhatsApp and click on the three dots in the top right-hand corner.
- Click Settings and select Chats.
- Click on Chat Backup.
- Select Backup to Google Drive and choose anything besides Never.
- Pick the account you’d like to use for your WhatsApp backups or you can add a new account.
- Click Back up over and select the network for backups.
Once this is done, you can proceed to recover deleted WhatsApp messages on your Android device by following these tips:
- Delete WhatsApp from your phone.
- Open the Play Store app, search for WhatsApp and reinstall it.
- Open the app and verify your phone number.
- You will see a pop up prompting you to restore your chats from your Google Drive, click on Restore and then tap Next.
This should see all of your messages and media restored promptly to your Android device. This way, starred messages, videos and other select information is now readily available for you to access.
You are reading Mobility Arena, the essential guide for mobile phone users around the world. Be sure to check out our homepage for all the latest news and resources. To be notified of the most important articles and the best smartphone deals, join our WhatsApp Group and follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube. Don’t know where to start? Check out our reviews.
This post was written by Alfa Baye and was first posted to Mobility Areana