Most of the old games are incompatible with the latest version of Windows 10. However, LucasArt has made available the game for Windows 10 users via the Steam client.
If the Steam client didn’t work for you, there are a few workarounds to install the game on your PC. We also have a detailed guide on how to play old games on Windows 10. Check it out if you want to enjoy old Windows games on your new system.
In this article, we have listed a few ways to play Escape from Monkey Island on Windows 10.
How do I play Escape from Monkey Island on Windows 10?
1. Run in compatibility mode
- Right-click on the Escape from Monkey Island shortcut.
- Select Properties.
- Open the Compatibility tab.
- Check the Run this program in compatibility mode for box under the Compatibility mode section.
- Choose Windows XP as the OS.
- Click Apply and OK to save the changes.
Once the changes are applied, run the game as administrator and check for any improvements. This method should work if you already have the game installed.
If the game still doesn’t work, try installing the game in compatibility mode. Right-click on the installer and then repeat the steps above to install the game in compatibility mode.
2. Install from Steam
- Download the Steam client from the official website. Run the installer and proceed with the installation.
- Login with your Steam client. Create a new account if you don’t have one.
- Go to Escape from Monkey Island page and purchase the game.
- Download and install the game from your Steam client to your PC.
Steam has all the games from the Monkey Island series on offers. You can either buy them individually or as a bundle.
Alternatively, you can also by the game from GoG (GoodOldGames). GoG offers an excellent collection of old Windows games that works on modern system.s It also does not require activation or online connections to play any game downloaded from its library.
3. Download the third-party setup
- Make sure you have the Escape from Monkey Island CD inserted. If you don’t have the CD, download the game file and then mount it to your PC using an ISO mounting software.
- Download the Escape from Monkey Island setup.
- Once downloaded, run the installer. Click Yes when prompted by the UAC.
- Click Next, select your installation folder, click Next, and then Next again.
- Click the Install button to begin the installation and wait for it to complete.
Once installed, double-click on the desktop shortcut to launch the game and play.
However, if you see the, No cd drives were found on your system! Setup will now exit error, make sure you have inserted the game CD or have the ISO file mounted, and try again.
If you can work with the lower resolution gameplay offered by the game, Escape from Monkey Island has plenty to offer.
This post was written by Tashreef Shareef and was first posted to WindowsReport
Do you find this article helpful? Your Friend might too. So, please Share it with them using the Share button above.
Will you like to get notified when I post new updates? Then Follow me on any of my social media handles: Google News, Telegram, WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest.
You can also drop your email address below if you wish to be notified by mail.