- iWisoft Free Video Converter is a powerful and multi-functional video converter.
- It supports file formats like AVI, WMV, FLV, MP4, MPEG, MKV, RM, RMVB, SWF, MOV, M4V, 3GP, DSS, MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, M4A, AC3, AAC, FLAC, APE and more.
- You can download the tool from here.
Switch Audio File Converter
- Switch Audio File Converter is another powerful audio converter available for Windows OS.
- It comes in both free and paid versions depending on the use.
- To convert the DSS file, download Switch Audio File Converter.
- Install the converter.
- Click on Open File and then select All files in the browser window.
- Select a DSS file that you want to convert.
- Select the Output format and then click on Convert.
- Wait for the tool to download any necessary codec to convert the file.
4. Use WavePad Audio Editing Software
WavePad is a professional audio editing software that supports a large number of file formats including MP3, WAV, VOX, GSM, WMA, AU, AIF, FLAC, DSS, real audio, OGG, AAC, M4A, MID, AMR, and many more.
Easily edit audio files including DSS with the most comprehensive sound editing tools that cut, copy, split, trim, and more. Advanced tools include spectral analysis (FFT), speech synthesis (text-to-speech), and voice changer.
Audio effects include amplification, equalization, normalization, reverb, reverse echo, and many more.
Its interface is intuitive and easy to use plus it integrates non-destructive audio editing tools.
Let’s quickly look at its key features:
- Editing Tools (cut, copy, paste, delete, insert, silence, auto-trim, compress, pitch-shift, and more)
- Audio Effects (amplify, normalize, equalize and more)
- Supports all popular audio formats (.amr, .ape, .au, .asf, .avi, .caf, .cda, .dct, .ds2, .dss, .dvf, .flac, .flv, .gsm, .m3u, .m4a, .m4r, .mid, .mod, .moh, .mov, .mp2, .mp3, .mpc , .mpga, .mpg/mpeg, .msv, .ogg, .pls, .ra, .raw, .shn, .spx, .sri, .voc, .vox, .wav, .wma, .wmv .wv)
- Batch Processing (edit many audio files simultaneously)
- Audio Restoration
- Spectral analysis, FFT and TFFT
DSS files are really not that common, however, you might come across them. If such is the case, feel free to use MPC-HC or WavePad to open them or use dedicated software to convert them first.
What will be your choice? Let us know in the comments section below.
FAQ: Learn more about DSS files
- What is a dss file format?
A DSS is an audio file format used to store voice data in a highly-compressed format. Take a closer look at our best audio converter software list to find the proper one for your needs.
- How do I open a DSS file?
You can use Media Player Classic – Home Cinema or a professional audio editing software that supports this particular format like Adobe Premiere Pro.
- How do you convert a DSS file to mp3?
One popular tool you can use is the Switch Audio File Converter. Simply install the converter, click on Open File, and select the DSS file that you want to convert, then select the output format, and then click on Convert.
This post was written by Tashreef Shareef and was first posted to WindowsReport