How can I fix file saving errors in PowerPoint?
1. Use an alternative platform for presentations: Adobe Spark
If you’re someone who does often finds themselves presenting in front of a large audience, you’ll know that the most embarrassing thing that can happen is your presentation not working because it didn’t save correctly.
This is a common nuisance, which is why you need an alternative for creating presentations that can be accessed across a multitude of platforms and works from any Internet-enabled device.
Adobe Spark is just such an application. This web-based creation tool is perfect for creating professional-looking presentations, posters, flyers, Facebook and Instagram posts, and banner art.
Here are some of the features to look forward to when taking the leap to Adobe Spark:
- High-quality pictures and graphics
- Thousands of easy to use templates
- The ability to create multiple types of media from one platform
- Cross-platform support, including mobile
- Instant access to your creations from everywhere in the world
Adobe Spark is the ideal tool to save your day and create spectacular presentations for any audience.
2. Save the file as a new PowerPoint presentation
- Perform whatever editing you may need, and if an error pops up, press the Windows Start button.
- Type in PowerPoint and open it again in a new window.
- Select View and then Slide Sorter
- Switch back to the first presentation and select Slide Sorter as well
- Click on Edit and then choose Select All.
- Go back to Edit and click on Copy.
- Return to the second PowerPoint window.
- Click on Edit, and select Paste.
- Save the second PowerPoint document under a different name.
This is a clever way of saving your presentation if something goes wrong. After saving it under a new name, your presentation should work fine.
3. Remove the ActiveMovie control from PowerPoint’s Microsoft Visual Basic userform
- Perform whatever editing you may need, and if an error pops up, press cancel and then select Tools.
- Select Macro and choose Visual Basic Editor.
- Select user form with ActiveMovie control.
- Go to the File menu and select Remove UserForm Name, and then choose No.
- Go back to the File menu.
- Select Close and Return to Microsoft PowerPoint.
More so, the errors may be the result of faulty registries caused by an old PowerPoint install, so a quick repair or a fresh install may also be valid solutions.
4. Repair PowerPoint
- Type control panel in the Windows search tab and click to open the Control Panel app from the results.
- Right-click Repair Office Programs.
- Select Change.
- Do a quick repair.
- Perform an online repair later.
5. Perform a fresh new install of PowerPoint
- Remove your old Microsoft Office completely.
- Next, download Microsoft 365.
- Buy the Office package of your choice.
- Log in using your Microsoft account credentials.
- Select Install Now to save the installation file on your PC.
- Double-click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions of the setup wizard.
If all else fails, you may need to consider using a third-party PowerPoint file repair tool.
We hope that our solutions helped you fix this PowerPoint file saving error and you saved your presentation quickly. If you have any other suggestions on how to deal with this error, leave us a comment below.
FAQ: File saving errors in PowerPoint
- Why is my PowerPoint file not saving?
Check if PowerPoint is installed correctly and perform a repair. Additionally, check if you have write access to the drive you’re trying to save on.
- Why can’t I save my PowerPoint as a PDF?
You can export your presentation to Microsoft Word and then save it as a PDF from there. We also have a great guide on how to overcome file saving errors in PowerPoint.
This post was written by Teodor Nechita and was first posted to WindowsReport
Do you find this article helpful? Your Friend might too. So, please Share it with them using the Share button above.
Will you like to get notified when I post new updates? Then Follow me on any of my social media handles: Google News, Telegram, WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest.
You can also drop your email address below if you wish to be notified by mail.