Unfortunately, it is not possible to recover a password in order to open a document in Adobe DC. You can’t do so even if you are the author and you will have to recreate the file.
However, there is a way to edit a password-protected document and in this article, we are going to offer you a couple of solutions on how to do this in just a few easy steps.
How to edit a password-protected PDF?
1. Give a try to Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Start by downloading Adobe Acrobat Reader, in case of not having it installed already.
- Open the PDF file in Acrobat Reader.
- Find your way into Tools > Protect > Encrypt.
- You should see there Remove Security. The options here vary depending on the type of password security attached to your PDF.
As you probably know, that’s the ideal choice when it comes to viewing, signing, collecting feedback, and sharing PDFs.
Besides all these, you may use it to open PDF files if you forgot the password by applying a few nifty steps, as described above.
This way, nothing stops you from sharing these files to consolidate comments from multiple reviewers in a single online PDF and keep the workflow as high as intended.
Adobe Acrobat Reader
If you need to quickly edit a password-protected PDF, there’s no better tool that Acrobat Reader for this task!
2. Try to use PDF Password Remover
- Download PDF Password Remover and install it on your PC.
- Add the encrypted PDF document to the app.
- Select a destination folder to save the unlocked PDF file.
- Click the Start button to begin unlocking the PDF.
Assuming that you want a lightweight and easy-to-use tool, rest assured that PDF Password Remover is worthy of your full attention.
Once you know the password, feel free to remove it and prevent entering it every time you open the encrypted document.
3. Get a copy of the file from your Google Drive account
- Open Google Drive and sign-in to your account.
- Access the Google Drive Settings menu.
- In the pop-up Settings window, choose Convert uploaded files to Google docs editor format.
- Upload your PDF file to Google drive, select the target PDF, right-click the program.
- Pick Open with Google Docs option.
- Go to the Google Drive Menu and download your PDF document as a Word file.
As users confirm, getting a copy of the file from Google Drive is another inspired option to consider. Just follow the above steps if you’d like to do the same.
4. Open the document using Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and drag your PDF file into your browser.
- The PDF will open in Google Chrome, so you can right-click the file and select Print.
- Click Change to change the print destination to Save as PDF.
- Click Save and rest assured that the PDF file is no longer secured.
If Google Chrome is your browser of choice as well, there’s another trick that you should know about. Refer to the above procedure and you’ll achieve your goal in no time.
There are various ways in which you can still edit your PDF encrypted document and in this article we’ve demonstrated a few handy and user-friendly solutions to this predicament.
This post was written by Loredana Harsana and was first posted to WindowsReport
Do you find this article helpful? Your Friend might too. So, please Share it with them using the Share button above.
Will you like to get notified when I post new updates? Then Follow me on any of my social media handles: Google News, Telegram, WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest.
You can also drop your email address below if you wish to be notified by mail.