One of DeviantArt users named Kizo2703 came up with a Windows 95 like theme (Free) and most nostalgic users seem satisfied with the results.
Let’s look at the theme download and installation process.
How do I install Windows 95 theme on Windows 10 PCs?
1. Use a third-party desktop customization suite
Whenever you get tired of the generic Windows 10 look and want to give it a more distinct look, be it with a Windows 95 theme or a ultra-futuristic space-ship theme, a third-party desktop customization tool can definitely come in handy.
As such, we recommend you give Stardock’s Object Desktop Desktop a try.
This software suite is made up of multiple tools that can give your PC a complete overhaul in terms of how it looks. For example, It includes DeskScapes which allows you to install live wallpapers and screensavers on your PC that you can create yourself.
In the case at hand, you’ll probably like how it comes with Curtains included, another Stardock product which basically can be used to give your PC an entirely new theme, and with a little bit of tweaking, can even make it look like it is running Windows 95.
SoundPackager can also make your PC sound like Windows 95 as well, allowing a full nostalgia package to be included in the deal.
Give your Windows 10 a complete upgrade (or downgrade) in the visuals department with this complete software suite!
2. Use a custom-made Windows 10 theme
- Download this Windows 95 classic from here. Click the download button at the right hand side to initialize the download.
- Extract the downloaded to your C:WindowsResourcesEaseofAccess Themes folder
- Go to the desktop and Right Click on an empty space.
- Click on personalize and choose theme settings.
- Click on the classic theme as seen under the high-contrast themes.
Your 6. Desktop now changes to look very close to a Windows 95 classic desktop despite missing the sentimental Windows 95 logo.
And you can even customize the background colors further instead of sticking with the traditional blue. Here are the steps to follow:
- Right click on anywhere (on an empty space) on your desktop
- Click on personalize.
- Under background, double-click your preferred background color. Your ‘Windows 95’ desktop’ background color will change to your new choice.
Now, the taskbar in Windows 10 is no longer associated with the theme function so applying the new classic theme will not impact how the taskbar looks like and the only option is playing with the high contrast settings.
This post was written by Madalina Dinita and was first posted to WindowsReport
Do you find this article helpful? Your Friend might too. So, please Share it with them using the Share button above.
Will you like to get notified when I post new updates? Then Follow me on any of my social media handles: Google News, Telegram, WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest.
You can also drop your email address below if you wish to be notified by mail.