In this article we will explore how you can fix the Dungeon Siege 2 to work on Windows 10, with just a few simple steps, so make sure to keep on reading.
How can I run Dungeon Siege 2 on Windows 10?
1. Keep your drivers up to date
If a driver is outdated or faulty this can have a direct impact on how the associated software is working.
This can be the case for Dungeon Siege 2, which is why before doing any other action we would recommend you use dedicated software to update the drivers.
Drivers are essential for your PC and all the programs that you use daily. If you want to avoid crashes, freezes, bugs, lag or any other problems, you will need to keep them updated.
Constantly checking for driver updates is time consuming. Fortunately, you can use an automated solution that will safely check for new updates and apply them with ease, and that’s why we strongly recommend DriverFix.
Follow these easy steps to safely update your drivers:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch the application.
- Wait for DriverFix to detect all your faulty drivers.
- The software will now show you all the drivers that have issues, and you just need to select the ones you’d liked fixed.
- Wait for DriverFix to download and install the newest drivers.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Drivers will no longer create any problems if you download and use this powerful software today.
Disclaimer: this program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
2. Run the game in compatibility mode
- Go to the file location, where you downloaded the game.
- In here, create a shortcut for the file.
- Next, go to Properties and press on the Compatibility tab.
- Here select the option Run this program in compatibility mode. Now select an older version of Windows from the menu.
After enabling the Compatibility Mode, Dungeon Siege 2 should be able to run on Windows 10.
3. Change the shortcut file
- In the Steam folder, go to the game directory.
- Open Steamapps and select Common.
- Click on Dungeon Siege 2 and use the DS2VideoConfic tool to select your video card.
- Create a shortcut of the .exe file.
- Next, right-click the shortcut file and choose Properties.
- In the Target field, add the following after the quotes:
fullscreen=false width=1600 height=900
After doing that, check if the game is running properly.
4. Run the game in windowed mode
- Locate the game in your library and right-click on it.
- Select Properties from the list.
- Now click on and go to Set Launch Options.
- In here type fullscreen=false or select the height=1920 and width=1080.
- Close the window and try to run the game again.
We hope that one of the presented solutions in this article helped you play Dungeon Siege 2 in Windows 10 without any issues.
Please let us know in the comments section below which one worked best for you, we would love to hear it.
This post was written by Loredana Harsana and was first posted to WindowsReport