What causes this problem is the Anti-Cheat System. The developers do not support the Script Hook application which is used for modding in GTA V. In this case the app is detected as a cheat and patched every time the game gets an update.
There are also situations when the Script Hook V critical error comes with the specification can’t find native and in this case you might need to reinstall the game entirely.
In this this article we want to offer you a few solutions to how you can fix the common Script Hook V critical error so you can resume your gaming activities.
One very important aspect you have to consider before you begin the troubleshooting process is that you need to restart the system drive and your network equipment.
How do I fix critical error and script hook?
1. Update the Script Hook application
- Download the Script Hook software from a reliable source.
- Type in Win + E to open File Explorer, extract the downloaded zip file and open the bin folder.
- Select Copy and Replace
4. Run GTA V
2. Revert your game to an old version
- Select Get the GTA V downgrade zip.
- Extract the downloaded files, copy the GTAV.exe and the GTAVLauncher.exe. in the GTA V installation folder.
3. Click Replace the files in the Destination from the pop-up dialog box.
4. Right–click on the Update.rpf file and select Copy from the drop-down menu.
5. Go to the Game Instalation folder and open Updates and click Paste, select Replace the files in the Destination.
7. In order to run the game double click on the No_GTAVLAUNCHER.exe.
This post was written by Teodor Nechita and was first posted to WindowsReport
Do you find this article helpful? Your Friend might too. So, please Share it with them using the Share button above.
Will you like to get notified when I post new updates? Then Follow me on any of my social media handles: Google News, Telegram, WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest.
You can also drop your email address below if you wish to be notified by mail.