Thus, the image’s text is either too large or small. This is how you can resolve font size issues in Photoshop, so keep reading.
How do I fix the Photoshop text size problem?
1. Select the Reset Character option
First, select the Reset Character option to reset all the text settings to their default configuration. This will undo any settings that might have had an impact on the font rendering and scaling.
You can revert the text options to default by clicking Window, choosing Character and pressing the fly out menu button at the top right of the Character panel. Just select Reset Character to restore the options to default.
You can register for a free 7-day trial during which you can test the product as much as you like without limitations.
Install the program on your PC, and make sure you first uninstalled whatever version of Photoshop you already had, then restart your PC.
Downloading the official version of Adobe Photoshop may help by replacing all corrupted install files already on your system, just like your typical free reinstall.
Get rid of font size problems and be sure to download the official version of Photoshop.
3. Update Photoshop
Photoshop updates can fix font size issues and other bugs. To check for Photoshop updates, click Help, and choose Updates. A small window will then open informing you if new updates are available or not.
4. Switch the type units to pixels
- Click the Photoshop’s Edit menu, and select Preferences to expand a submenu.
- Select Unit & Rulers from the submenu to open the window shown directly below.
- Select pixels from the Type drop-down menu.
- Press the OK button to apply the new settings.
Image resolution can have a big impact on text size if you’re using the points unit. The picture resolution will adjust how many pixels represent a font point value.
As such, your picture’s text might seem too large because the image has a high PPI resolution. To get a more consistent font size, switch points to pixel units as above explained.
5. Deselect the Resample Image setting
- Click Image and Resize in Photoshop.
- Select Image Resize to open the window directly below.
- Deselect Resample Image if that option is selected.
- Enter the exact dimensions of the image in the Width and Height boxes. You can find image dimension details by right-clicking a file in File Explorer and selecting Properties and choosing Details.
- Click OK to close the window.
- Now select a text box in your image and adjust the font’s size.
Deselecting the Resample Image option in Adobe Photoshop can also fix inconsistent font size issues.
This post was written by Matthew Adams and was first posted to WindowsReport
Do you find this article helpful? Your Friend might too. So, please Share it with them using the Share button above.
Will you like to get notified when I post new updates? Then Follow me on any of my social media handles: Google News, Telegram, WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest.
You can also drop your email address below if you wish to be notified by mail.