Luckily, none of the users experienced this kind of issue in Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 Technical Preview, so far.
Which means that Microsoft probably didn’t allow this issue to appear in the newer versions of their operating system.
But, due to the amount of feedback reports, we should expect that Microsoft will start to investigate and eliminate the issue on Windows 8, Windows 10 as well.
Fortunately, Microsoft still has enough time to completely eliminate blurry fonts from the market version of Windows 10, because the Technical Preview will be available until the spring of 2015.
But, if we dig in the history a little, we will notice that the problem with the blurry fonts have been present since Windows 7, regardless of the many workaround people actually found in the meantime.
Currently, Windows 10 is still in the development phase, and only Technical Preview is available to users, so a lot could change until the operating system becomes available in the market in its final version, next year.
So, if you’re one of the users facing the problem of blurry fonts in Windows 8 Modern User Interface, the least you can do is to give your vote for the suggestion in Windows UserVoice.
UPDATE: Since the writing of this post, we came across a series of possible solutions to help you fix blurry fonts in Windows 10. We’ll list the most useful ones below, so read on!
How can I fix blurry fonts on a Windows 10 PC?
1. Reinstall the problematic fonts
If you recently upgraded to Windows 10, your fonts may not have installed properly. In this case, you should reinstall them manually.
As a quick reminder, if you’re running the Windows 10 OS, check out our quick guide on how to install and manage fonts in Windows 10 with ease, and find out how to manage them.
2. Disable scaling on high DPI settings
- Right-click the executable file that has blurry font issues, and go to Properties.
- Go to the Compatibility tab.
- Under the Settings section, select disable Display scaling on high DPI settings.
- Hit Apply to save changes.
Wondering how to fix YouTube DPI scaling in Windows 10: Chech out our comprehensive guide!
3. Rebuild the font cache
- Go to Start and enter services.msc. Hit Enter to launch the Services feature.
- Locate Windows Presentation Foundation Font Cache 126.96.36.199
- Right-click on it and stop it.
- Press the Windows key + R to open Run.
- Enter the following command:
- Navigate to the FontCache directory.
- Delete all the files that contain the ~FontCache- prefix.
- Check if the issue persists.
If your font cache is corrupted, your fonts may appear blurry or may not display at all. So be sure to rebuild the font cache by following the above steps.
We hope that these recommendations from our list were helpful for you to fix the blurry fonts in Windows 10. For more suggestions, please access the comments section below.
This post was written by Ivan Jenic and was first posted to WindowsReport