Now, what if you want to download Adobe Premiere Pro without the Creative Cloud? For the uninitiated, Adobe has stopped releasing the standalone installer for Adobe Premiere Pro, Photoshop and Illustrator. However, you can still download Adobe Lightroom as a standalone app from the Windows Store.
How do I download Adobe Premiere Pro without Creative Cloud?
1. Get direct download link from Adobe support
- Go to the Adobe Help page and click the Chat icon in the bottom left corner.
- Make sure you have an active Adobe XD subscription.
- Sign in with your Adobe credential.
- When connected with an Adobe agent, ask them to provide you with a direct download for Adobe XD installer.
- Use the template below if required:
Hello, I need the direct download links / Offline installer for the new 2021 releases of Adobe Premiere Pro, could you please help me?
- Use the template below if required:
- The Adobe agent will provide a temporary link to download Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Download the file as soon as possible, as it may expire after 24 hours.
- Once downloaded, extract the zip file and run the Setup.exe file inside the folder.
- Follow on-screen instructions to install Adobe Premiere Pro without Creative Cloud.
Before installing the app, make sure you have completely uninstalled the Creative Cloud desktop app using the Creative Cloud uninstaller. Here’s how to do it.
Adobe Premiere Pro
You don’t need Creative Cloud to download and install Adobe Premiere Pro. Simply download the program directly and you’re halfway there!
2. Uninstall Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app
- Download the latest Creative Cloud desktop app uninstaller.
- After the download is complete, unzip the file and run the installer.
- When prompted by the uninstaller, click Uninstall.
- Click OK after you see the success message.
Restart your computer. After the restart, run the Adobe Premier Pro offline installer to install the app without the Creative Cloud desktop app.
Creative Cloud is essential for stable Adobe software performance
Unlike Adobe Lightroom, that is offered as a standalone app in Microsoft Store, other Adobe apps like Adobe Premiere Pro still require the users to download it via Creative Cloud app.
Creative Cloud is an Adobe desktop client that allows you to manage 20+ Adobe apps. You can launch and update your desktop apps, manage and share your assets stored in Creative Cloud, synch files with your Adobe cloud account, and more.
Removing or uninstalling Adobe Creative Cloud will leave you with no option to update Adobe Premiere Pro and other apps, manage Adobe Fonts and more.
However, if you still prefer to install Adobe Premiere Pro without Creative Cloud, you can use the workaround listed above to get a direct download link by contacting Adobe support.
3. Stop Creative Cloud background process
- Right-click on the Taskbar and select Task Manager.
- In the Task Manager window, open the Startup tab.
- Scroll down and select Creative Cloud.
- Right-click on the app and choose Disable.
- Close the task manager and restart your computer.
- After the restart, open the Task Manager to see if the app is running the background.
Creative Cloud, by default, will start automatically after every restart. In some instances, the CC background process can take up more system resources than required.
To fix the problem, you can disable the app from the Startup apps tab.
This post was written by Tashreef Shareef and was first posted to WindowsReport
Do you find this article helpful? Your Friend might too. So, please Share it with them using the Share button above.
Will you like to get notified when I post new updates? Then Follow me on any of my social media handles: Google News, Telegram, WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest.
You can also drop your email address below if you wish to be notified by mail.