Keep in mind that most of them are free, so be sure to check all of them before you decide to buy a font. Here are some great font databases to help you download fonts:
You can easily find any font simply by entering its name in the search bar. You can also find the desired font simply by using many available filters or by selecting the appropriate font category.
If these websites don’t have the font that you are looking for, then you are in a tough position. Here, you can find thousands of fonts that are compatible with your Windows computer.
Also, keep in mind, if you come across font packs, they might be somewhat different than regular fonts. We’ll talk about them in a moment.
3. Download from Microsoft Store
- Go to Windows Settings > Personalisation > Fonts > Get more fonts in the Microsoft Store.
- Browse the selection of fonts available.
- Click on the font you want and select Install.
- The font will be downloaded and automatically installed.
4. Installing Fonts in Windows 10
- Locate and open the downloaded archive.
- Unzip the font file (you can recognize it by .ttf, .otf, or .fon extension).
- After extracting the font file, simply double click it to open it.
- Click the Install button and the font will be automatically installed.
After extractig the font file, you’ll see some basic information regarding the selected font. In addition, you can preview your font and see how it looks like in different sizes.
You can also install a font simply by dragging and dropping it to the Fonts section. Fonts section is located in the Windows Settings app, under Personalisation.
In almost all cases fonts are distributed in .zip archive, so you can easily open them without using a third-party tool.
However, if you want a dedicated tool for archiving, we advise you to check out the list of best archiver tools that we covered recently.
5. Uninstalling Windows 10 Fonts
Uninstal from Windows Settings
- Open the Settings App by pressing the Windows+I keys combination.
- Go to Personalization, then select Fonts.
- Click on the font and then select Uninstall.
Uninstal from Control Panel
Additionally, you can do the same by navigating to Control Panel > Fonts. You can delete a font file using two methods:
- Select the font you want to delete and click on Delete option from the menu on the top.
- Locate the font you want to delete, right-click it and choose Delete from the menu.
After choosing the Delete option the confirmation message will appear. Now you just have to click Yes to remove the font from your PC.
Note: Keep in mind that this action is irreversible, so you won’t be able to restore your font. If you want to restore a deleted font, you’ll have to download and install it again.
Installing new fonts on Windows 10 isn’t that hard, and after following our guide you should be able to install font packs and fonts on your Windows 10PC without any problems.
Please leave us a comment if our guide helped you, or if you have any suggestions or solutions that we should include in our article.
FAQ: Learn more about fonts in Windows 10
- How do I add fonts to my Windows 10?
To learn how to add fonts in Windows 10, follow our quick guide on how to downloand and install fonts in Windows 10.
- What is the best font manager for Windows?
We recommend you to take a look at our list of the best font management software and choose the one you like.
- How can I create my own font?
Check our quick guide on how to create your own fonts easily.
Editor’s Note: This article was originally published in December 2017 and was revamped and updated in February 2021 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.
This post was written by Milan Stanojevic and was first posted to WindowsReport