So, it’s not surprising far fewer new PCs have built-in optical drives these days. Yet, the DVD isn’t entirely dead.
Many users with older PCs still utilize their optical drives for playing videos, music, and other purposes.
You can also utilize a writable DVD much the same as a USB drive. If you format a disc, you can move, edit, and delete files stored on it within File Explorer. So, the DVD is a flexible storage medium.
How can I burn DVDs on Windows 10?
WinX DVD Author is a freeware disc-burning utility that’s ideal for burning videos to discs. That software enables you to burn a wide variety of video formats to DVDs.
The great thing about WinX DVD Author is that it enables you to set up DVD menus for the discs you burn videos to. With it, you can set up customizable chapter menus that include subtitles and background music.
Besides this, this software also includes a YouTube video downloader, offers fast video processing, converts files to VOB, and enables you to use a wide range of video trimming tools.
- Insert a blank, writable disc into your DVD reader.
- Open WinX DVD Author.
- Click Video DVD Author.
- Press the + button.
- Select a video to add to the DVD, and click the Open button.
- To set up a DVD without a menu, uncheck the Create DVD Menu checkbox.
- Select either the 4:3 or 16:9 setting depending on your requirements.
- Press the Next Step button to open the window shown directly below.
- Select your DVD drive in the Device Name drop-down menu.
- Click the Start button.
WinX DVD Author
Burn DVDs quickly on Windows 10 with this amazingly versatile tool!
2. Burn general files to DVD with File Explorer
- First, insert a blank DVD into your PC, and open File Explorer.
- Open a folder that includes the file you want to burn and select the files.
- Click the Share tab and click Burn to disc.
- Select Like a USB flash drive, or the CD/DVD option.
- Click the Next button and select the files ready to be written to the disc.
- Select the Manage tab.
- Click the Finish burning option.
- Enter a title in the Disc title box within the Burn to Disc window.
- Press the Next button to burn to disc.
- Click the Finish button when files have been burnt to the disc.
3. Burn an ISO file to disc
You can also burn ISO files to DVDs with Windows Disc Image Burner by right-clicking an ISO file in File Explorer and selecting the Burn disc image option. Then select the optical drive to burn to, and click the Burn button.
This post was written by Matthew Adams and was first posted to WindowsReport
Do you find this article helpful? Your Friend might too. So, please Share it with them using the Share button above.
Will you like to get notified when I post new updates? Then Follow me on any of my social media handles: Google News, Telegram, WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest.
You can also drop your email address below if you wish to be notified by mail.