It’s pretty easy to follow his lead and most gamers who tried this method succeeded in boosting their FPS so read on to see how to do that quickly.
How can I boost Valheim FPS in Windows 10?
- Start File Explorer by pressing the Windows key + E.
- Navigate to the following path:
C:Program Files (x86)Steam steamappscommonValheimvalhei_Data
- Find the boot or boot.config file, right-click it, select Open with and choose to open it with Notepad.
- Add the following lines as the first and second line on the top of the text
- Save the file and close it.
- Go back to your Steam library, righ-click on Valheim, and select Properties.
- Find the launch options, add -windows-mode exclusive in that field and close the window.
- Right-click on the taskbar and select Task Manager.
- Find the Valheim process, right-click on it and select Go to details.
- Right-click valheim.exe, select Set Priority, and change its value to High.
Unfortunately, this method is effective only if you repeat the Task Manager steps (8-10) every time before you launch the game but it’s worth it.
That’s all there is. You might not get the 39 FPS boost as the user got but you will definitely see an FPS increase.
If you encounter any errors, you can edit the boot file with Notepad again and delete the gfx-enable-native-gfx-jobs=1 line from the file.
Let us know if this solution worked for you and if you have any other suggestions, don’t hesitate to leave it in our comments section below.
This post was written by Claudiu Andone and was first posted to WindowsReport