Digital signage has become a staple in marketing. And its market is growing consistently over the years. Especially in Australia, the demand for this advertising platform increased by close to 10% in 2017 alone. And during the succeeding years, the installation and rental of digital signage continue to grow as more businesses open and choose this platform among other options.
2015 – 2020 Statistics and Industry Insights
Over the past 5 years, there’s been a fluctuation in the usage and rental of digital signage. This is due to the changing preferences of entrepreneurs in terms of ad size and duration. For instance, a market study from Beroe shows that the Australian digital signage industry has an estimated value of $410 – $450 million in 2018, but is projected to remain at around $130 million by 2020.
High market growth has been seen in New South Wales, Victoria and a medium growth will come from Queensland, South Australia. Signage displays are primarily located at retail chains, transport hubs, malls, hospitals, schools, parks, and other public areas.
The flexible pricing options of rental of digital signage also contribute to the industry’s revenue. Manufacturers and installers usually offer three pricing modes:
- Contract-based – In this pricing scheme, the cost depends on how long the advertisement is going to be on display.
- Price per site – Rental rates for digital signage may also vary based on the location you want it to be displayed. Setup usually costs more for displays in high foot traffic areas.
- Price per sign – The dimensions of the hardware and ads also affect the total cost of the installation and campaign. Digital display content sizes range from 960×540 pixels (quarter HD) to 1920×1080 pixels (full HD) or 3840×2160 (ultra HD).
The installation cost, device provisioning, content creation, troubleshooting, and maintenance are other factors that may affect the total cost of the rent. Plus, advertisers might also be required to pay for the licensing fees for the cloud-based software used for the display. The software comes with templates, apps, tutorial videos, and other technical support options advertisers might need to execute, track, and adjust the campaigns.
A recent industry report from GlobeNewswire shows that the global digital signage industry is expected to hit the US$30.5 billion mark by 2027. Along with South Korea and India, Australia will be among the top drivers of growth for the Asia-Pacific region.
Like all other industries, the digital signage industry also suffered some losses due to the recent Covid-19 pandemic. Campaigns are put on hold due to restrictions in visiting retail stores and public areas. However, as lockdown and social distancing measures are lifted, businesses start to open and people are now getting back to their normal routines.
Aside from the recent pandemic, the market’s growth can be attributed to one or more of the following factors:
- Self-Service Technology Integration – New signage display hardware now comes with self-service features, such as for payments, bookings and reservations, directions, and interactive maps. This innovation comes as a solution to the growing demand for automation and speedy transactions.
- Internet of Things (Io) – IoT allows advertisers to collect and analyze big data and translate this into marketing campaigns. Display screens could also be connected to a monitoring system for ease of content targeting and adjustments.
- 4K Technology – The recent release of display screens with 4K technology is a much-anticipated one. This innovation brings better graphics, which makes ads more attention-grabbing and engaging. Besides, 4K tech screens come with LED-backlit panels, which are well-loved for their energy-efficiency.
The inclusion of these features is expected to affect the cost of the rental of digital signage. Yes, this might mean an increase in cost. But the perks of running better ads with more innovative signage screens are also attractive. Entrepreneurs can expect to enjoy energy savings, minimal screen maintenance, and speedy rollout of campaign updates.
Overall, the digital signage industry in Australia is set to maintain, if not grow, in the next 5 to 10 years. This is due to many factors, including the increasing demand for automation, targeted ads, better graphics, and more innovative display screens. Ultimately, all factors considered, the country will continue to be one of the leaders in this sector in the Asia-Pacific region.
This post was written by FBL Admin and was first posted to Free Browsing Link
Do you find this article helpful? Your Friend might too. So, please Share it with them using the Share button above.
Will you like to get notified when I post new updates? Then Follow me on any of my social media handles: Google News, Telegram, WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest.
You can also drop your email address below if you wish to be notified by mail.