|Honor V40 5G in Summary|
Honor V40 5G Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G bands: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G bands: LTE 1(2100) / 3(1800) / 5(850) / 8(900) / 38(2600) / 40(2300) / 41(2500)
- 5G bands: SA / NSA.
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, Dual SIM
- Software / OS: Magic UI 4.0, based on Android 10
- Dimensions: 170.6 x 77.1 x 9.1 mm
- Weight: 203g
- Display: 6.72 inches, 2676 x 1236 pixels, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 120 Hz refresh rate, up to 300 Hz touch sampling rate, TUV Rheinland-certified AI adaptive brightness, OLED screen
- Colours: Night Black, Titanium Silver, Rose Gold.
- Physical Build: Glass front.
- CPU: 64-bit, 2.6 GHz Octa-core, Cortex-A77
- Chipset: Mediatek MT6889Z Dimensity 1000+ (7nm)
- GPU: ARM Mali-G77 MC9
- RAM: 8 GB
- Storage: 128 GB / 256 GB
- Card Slot: No.
- Main Camera: 50 MP main sensor + 8 MP ultra-wide-angle lens + 2 MP macro sensor, LED flash, Laser auto-focus, 4K and 1080p@30fps video recording
- Front Camera: 32 MP + 16 MP, Face ID/Recognition, 4k, 1080p@30fps video capture
Audio, Video Playback
- Music Support: PCM, AAC / AAC + / eAAC + / MP3 / AMR – NB / WB / APE
- Audio: No 3.5 mm audio jack
- Loudspeaker: Mono speaker
- Video Support: H.264/MP4/MPEG4 player
- FM Radio: .
- Digital Compass: Yes.
- Accelerometer: Yes.
- Proximity Sensor: Yes.
- Ambient Light Sensor: Yes.
- Barometer: No.
- Pedometer: No.
- Heart Rate Monitor: No.
- Gyroscope (G-Sensor): Yes.
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes; under-display, optical.
- Face Unlock: Yes.
- Iris Scanner: No.
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: No.
- Voice Control: No.
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes; Google Assistant.
- Infra-red Sensor: No.
- Bluetooth: v5.0, A2DP
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, hotspot
- GPS: Yes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- USB: microUSB v2.0. Type-C. USB-on-the-go.
- NFC: Yes.
- Battery: Non-Removable Lithium-Polymer 4000 mAh
- Charging: 66W fast charging
- Wireless Charging: 50W fast wireless.
- Reverse Charging: 5W.
- Model Version/Number: N/A.
- Announced: January 2021
- Released: January 2021
- Price: CNY3,599 ($556/€455) for 8/128GB variant, and CNY3,999 ($620/€505) for 8/256GB variant.
MobilityArena Buyer’s Guide Verdict
The Honor V40 is the Honor brand’s first smartphone since its separation from Huawei. Naturally, the big question on everyone’s mind is, Does it have Google Mobile Services and apps?
Since the initial launch was for the China market, it is doubtful that the ones targeted at the Chinese market has GMS and apps. There is no word yet about its availability internationally. An international variant will be expected to support Google services and apps.
Our Buyer’s Guide Verdict is recommendation that we make based on our evaluation the specs of the phone or device. It is a general guide designed to help you understand how much value a smartphone offers for its price. It is not a stamp of quality assessment or an endorsement of either the device or of its manufacturers. Be sure to ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device, as MobilityArena may not be held responsible for your buying decisions.
Honor V40 Phone Review Rating
We are yet to review the Honor V40 5G and so do not have a review rating for it yet. This section will be updated with our review rating and a link to the review page as soon as we have a review ready.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page about the Honor V40 5G are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.
This post was written by MobilityArena and was first posted to Mobility Areana