How do I fix headphones if not recognized in Windows 10?
1. Update audio/sound driver
1.1. Update your audio/sound driver manually
- Type control in Windows search and click on Control Panel from the results.
- Click on Sound.
- Go to the Playback tab.
- Select your headphones and click on Properties.
- Go to Controller Information then click on Properties button
- Click Change Settings (this may require administrator permission).
- Go to Driver tab.
- Select Update Driver.
- Let the update download automatically.
- Once this is complete, plug in your headphones to check whether they’ll work.
1.2. Update audio/sound driver using a utility tool
Downloading drivers manually is a process that carries the risk of getting the wrong driver installed, which may lead to serious malfunctions.
The safer and easier way to update drivers on a Windows computer is by using an automatic tool such as the one recommended below.
This tool can get the job done in just a few seconds and clicks because it will repair and update your drivers automatically.
Most of the time, the generic drivers for your PC’s hardware and peripherals are not properly updated by the system. There are key differences between a generic driver and a manufacturer’s driver.
Searching for the right driver version for each of your hardware components can become tedious. That’s why an automated assistant can help you find and update your system with the correct drivers every time, and we strongly recommend DriverFix.
Follow these easy steps to safely update your drivers:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch the software.
- Wait for the detection of all your faulty drivers.
- DriverFix will now show you all the drivers that have issues, and you just need to select the ones you’d liked fixed.
- Wait for the app to download and install the newest drivers.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Keep your PC components drivers working perfectly without putting your PC to a risk.
Disclaimer: this program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
2. Disable front panel jack detection
- Press the Windows key + R to start the Run application.
- Type Control Panel then press enter to open it
- Select Sound.
- Find Realtek HD Audio Manager then click on it
- Go to Connector settings.
- Click Disable front panel jack detection to check the box.
This is one of the simplest ways to resolve the Windows 10 won’t recognize headphones issue.
If you have the Realtek software installed on your computer or laptop, follow the steps above to disable the headphone’s jack detection.
Try on your headphones again to see whether this solution works for you.
If disabling the front panel jack detection doesn’t fix the Windows 10 won’t recognize headphones issue, try the next solution.
This post was written by Milan Stanojevic and was first posted to WindowsReport
Do you find this article helpful? Your Friend might too. So, please Share it with them using the Share button above.
Will you like to get notified when I post new updates? Then Follow me on any of my social media handles: Google News, Telegram, WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest.
You can also drop your email address below if you wish to be notified by mail.