How do I fix Google Play Services update error?
1. Uninstall updates
- Go to the notifications panel.
- Click on the Settings icon.
- Select Applications.
- Check out the list displayed and choose Google Play Store. If this icon is not available, then tap the icon with the three dots located in the top right corner.
- Click on Show System Apps.
- Select Three Dots from the top right corner of the screen.
- Choose Uninstall Updates.
After uninstalling updates, check if Google Play system update failed message is still there.
2. Clear cache
- Choose the notifications panel.
- Click Settings.
- Scroll down and select Applications.
- Click on Apps.
- From the list, select Google Play Store.
- Click on the Storage option.
- Choose the option named Clear Cache.
- Wait for the cache to be cleared.
If you keep getting No updates available in Google Play message, clearing the cache might be able to fix that.
3. Clear Data
- Select the notifications panel.
- Click Settings.
- Scroll through the list and choose Applications.
- Click on the Apps option.
- Verify the list contents and choose Google Play Store.
- Select Storage.
- Select the Clear Data option.
Clearing the data should help if Play Store is stuck on Checking for updates message.
Google Play Store is a very useful application for all Android users. Unfortunately, when the Google Play system update failed, that will often give you different errors.
One of them is Google Play: error checking for updates. This could be the result of badly installed updates or the consequence of corrupted cache or data.
Make sure to check out our solutions and apply them to your Android smartphone or tablet device whenever your Play Store checking for updates failed.
They should make the Google Play system update failed a thing of the past. Give them a go, check out your device, and leave us a comment if our solutions have proven useful to you.
FAQ: Learn more about Google Play checking for updates error
- How do I force Google Play to update?
On Android devices, locate the Google Play Services app, open the App Details and choose the Update option.
- Why are my apps failing to update?
This issue can occur if there’s a problem with your network, so be sure to check if your router is working properly.
- How can I get free Google Play?
Google Play is already available for free on Android devices. However, many apps on Google Play aren’t free.
This post was written by Radu Tyrsina and was first posted to WindowsReport
Do you find this article helpful? Your Friend might too. So, please Share it with them using the Share button above.
Will you like to get notified when I post new updates? Then Follow me on any of my social media handles: Google News, Telegram, WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest.
You can also drop your email address below if you wish to be notified by mail.