Since the lockdown initiative of many government of the world every organization especially schools around the world have be turning to Zoom a video conferencing app to help them stay connected.
According to an article I read on Silicon Cannals, Zoom meeting app daily users skyrocket from 10 million back in December 2019 to more than 300 million daily users as of April 2020.
Meet Google MEET
Google meet is not a new service, it has been around since Google Hangout, but it is not popular among regular google users like me and you because Google Hangout Meet which is now known as Google Meet is part of service available of only Google G Suite (enterprise or education) users.
In other words, Google Meet was a premium service.
Google Meet is Now FREE
As of April 29th, 2020, the vice president of GM, G Suite Javier Soltero said in a blog post and I quote “Technology that connects us while we’re apart helps keep us safe and productive. Over the past few months, we’ve seen the power of video meetings bring us together—whether we’re working with teammates, talking to healthcare professionals, sharing with loved ones, or learning from home. Today, we’re making Google Meet, our premium video conferencing product, free for everyone”
What This Means
This means that, you and I and any other organization who do not yet have the money for G Suite subscription can head to meet.google.com and start a video meeting!
More to that is that, we also have access to all the full cool feature that Google Meets provides.
Some of Google Meet Features
- Google Meet host have the ability to allow or deny entry to anyone seeking to join the meeting.
So just because you have the meeting invitation link does not mean you can have access to the meeting. This is google feature for schools who wants to teach their student punctuality.
- Meetings on Google meet can have up to 250 participants
- Google Meet support Live Captions. Meaning if you have hearing issues, then you can read what is being said instead.
- To help limit interruptions Google Meet can intelligently filter out background distractions like when your dog is barking or your keyboard strokes as you are taking meeting notes.
- Google Meet also have an AI that automatically adjust your video so that you will be more visible.
- In Google Meet you can see up to 16 participants at once.
These is just a glance of the many amazing features of Google Meet.
So tell me, if you are rely on video conferencing service to stay connected, will you will considering opting in for Google Meet? Please let me know via the comment section below.
Do you find this article helpful? Your Friend might too. So, please Share it with them using the Share button above.
Will you like to get notified when I post new updates? Then Follow me on any of my social media handles: Google News, Telegram, WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest.
You can also drop your email address below if you wish to be notified by mail.