If Google Maps is not in English and you want to change the language settings, you can do that from the app’s menu.
In this guide, we’re going to list the steps to follow if you need to change the map language settings on PC and mobile.
Note: The app automatically displays the place names and map labels in the local language of the country you’re currently located in.
Steps to Change Google Maps Language Options on PC
- Launch Google Maps on your computer and click on the Menu
- Scroll down to Language
- Select the language you want to use for map indications (in your case, English)
- Map place information will now be displayed in the language you selected.
Change the Country Domain on Google Maps
If you’re currently located in an English-speaking country, you can also change the country domain. That’s the URL address visible in your browser if you use the service on your computer.
- Go to Google Maps
- Check the country name displayed in the bottom right corner of the screen
- Click on the country name to open the Region Settings page
- Under Region Settings, select an English speaking country and save the new settings.
If you’re using your phone to navigate with Google Maps, here’s how to change the voice and language settings:
- Launch the Google Maps app on your mobile device
- Tap your profile picture
- Select Settings
- Go to Navigation settings
- Tap Sound and Voice and then Voice selection
- Select English as your navigation voice and language.
If the app is still not in English, clear the cache and then check for updates.
- Go to Settings → Apps → scroll down to Google Maps
- On certain phone models, you may need to select Apps twice to access the Maps app
- Select Storage
- Tap the Clear cache button
- Now launch the Play Store app and search for Google Maps
- If there’s an Update button next to the app, select it to install the latest app version.
Did you manage to change your Google Maps language settings so that the service displays navigation information in English? Let us know in the comments below.
This post was written by Madalina Dinita and was first posted to Technipages
Do you find this article helpful? Your Friend might too. So, please Share it with them using the Share button above.
Will you like to get notified when I post new updates? Then Follow me on any of my social media handles: Google News, Telegram, WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest.
You can also drop your email address below if you wish to be notified by mail.