These two apps give you the chance to save personal documents to Cloud so can access and manage them across all of your devices.
Moreover, you can share them with others, making collaboration more engaging and easier.
Google also offers these services to companies, as an integrated platform, called Google Workspace. Here, employees can share and work on documents together, by editing them simultaneously.
That’s why recovering your docs if your account was deleted is mandatory. Do not hesitate to apply the below steps in case of seeing the error: This account was deleted and is no longer recoverable.
How can I recover docs if my account was deleted?
1. Restore your personal Google account
- Go to the official Google Account Recovery page.
- In the box, type your email address and click Next.
- Click the Next button.
- Type the last password you remember for your account and click the Next button.
- If you forgot your password or recovery address, click Try another way for other options, like security questions.
- Once you get your password, you’ll be signed in with access to all your documents.
The only way to recover any data is to restore your Google account. However, there are times when solving the problem isn’t possible.
If the message you’re getting is this one: Couldn’t find your Google Account. Try again, and you are sure that the address is correctly spelled, you can’t get it back.
2. Restore your company Google account
- Sign in with the Super Administrator account.
- From the home page, go to Users.
- Above the Users’ list, click on Add filter and choose Recently deleted.
- Go to the user you want to recover and click Recover.
- Click on Continue after reviewing the confirmation note.
- Assign the user to an organizational unit and click on Recover.
The process can take about 24 hours. You can’t restore the account if the username has been assigned to someone else, it is used as a group email address, or you don’t have a user license.
Never forget to check the files you have uploaded to your Google account, before deciding to delete it. There is a short amount of time after deletion when you can restore it and recover your lost data.
After a few weeks, all documents connected to your account are permanently deleted from Google’s servers, and there is nothing to recover anymore.
If you administrate the Google accounts for your company, consider checking the user’s documents before deleting it.
This post was written by Loredana Harsana and was first posted to WindowsReport
Do you find this article helpful? Your Friend might too. So, please Share it with them using the Share button above.
Will you like to get notified when I post new updates? Then Follow me on any of my social media handles: Google News, Telegram, WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest.
You can also drop your email address below if you wish to be notified by mail.