How do I fix Ark network failure message?
1. Verify your game files
- Start Steam.
- Go to Library, then select Home.
- Find ARK: Survival Evolved in your game library and right-click on it, then select Properties.
- Go to Local Files and click Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- Wait for steam to verify your files, then wait for it to download the necessary ones.
This is a simple solution that might fix ARK network failure message: Unable to query server info for invite, so be sure to try it.
2. Change Steam launch options
- Start Steam.
- Go to Library, select Home, and find your game.
- Right-click on it, and select Properties.
- Select Set Launch Options.
- Find the IP address of your server.
- Type connect <IP_of_the_server> in the box, then press Ok.
This is simple workaround for ARK Unable to query server info for invite non dedicated so be sure to try it out.
3. Use netsh winsock reset command
- Go to Windows Search Bar and type in Run.
- Open it, then type cmd in the box.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Enter to open it with administrator privileges.
- In the cmd window, type the following command and press Enter:
netsh winsock reset
- Launch ARK: Survival Evolved and check if the error still appears.
Sometimes resetting certain network components can help with ARK Unable to query server info for invite after update error.
4. Port-forward your router
- Open your web browser, type in your Default Gateway Number, then press Enter.
- Enter your router’s username and password, which you should find written on a sticker on the side of your router.
- Depending on your router, follow these instructions to enable port forwarding.
- Create new TCP / UDP Ports with 7777 and 7778, then another TCP / UDP Port with 27015.
- Click Apply and make sure you restart both your router and the computer you’re going to use as a server.
Note: This solution only works for those who are hosting an ARK: Survival Evolved server on their PC. In order for your server to work outside the local area, you need to port forward your router.
These easy solutions should solve your connection problems with ARK servers, so you can get back into action and continue building the awesome base with your friends.
If you know anything worth noting about the subject, do not hesitate to share it with us in the comment section below.
FAQ: Learn more about ARK network failure
- Why is my Ark server not responding?
Antivirus software can interfere with your server, so be sure to use a antivirus software for gaming PC that won’t interfere with your game server.
- How do I find my ark server IP?
To find the server address, you need to check server history in Steam from the Steam server browser.
- How do I access Ark server settings?
You can view the server settings by going to the ARK server control panel and selecting the Config Files option.
This post was written by Milan Stanojevic and was first posted to WindowsReport