If you are also troubled by this error, here are a few troubleshooting steps to help you resolve the Nvidia in-game overlay not working issue on Windows 10.
How do I fix my Nvidia game overlay not working problem?
1. Update GPU driver with DriverFix
If the Nvidia GeForce Experience in-game overlay is not working, try updating your graphics and display driver using DriverFix.
DriverFix is a popular driver updating utility for Windows computers. Using the tool, you can update all your drives with one click, enjoy better gaming performance and access a vast database of over 18 Million drivers.
Upon installation, the tool scans the system for missing and outdated drivers. You can choose to update a single or multiple drivers at once. You can manage all the downloads using the built-in download manager.
Key features of DriverFix:
- Updates all the system drivers with one click
- Huge driver database of over 18 million files
- Built-in download manage
- Driver backup and schedule manager
Quickly and efficiently resolve the dreaded Nvidia overlay issue with this amazing software.
2. Install the Media feature pack for Windows 10 N
- Go to the Microsoft Download Center.
- Under Downloads, click the drop-down menu and select the most recent edition of Media Feature Pack.
- Click on Confirm to download the file.
- Depending on your Windows edition, click on the 32-bit Download / 64-bit Download button.
- Run the downloaded installer and follow on-screen instructions to install the app.
- Make sure to restart your PC after Media Feature Pack is installed.
- Launch Nvidia GeForce Experience and check for any improvements.
If the Nvidia GeForce Experience overlay doesn’t turn on, this could be due to your system missing the Media Feature Pack for the Windows N version. It provides media players and related technologies on your computer.
3. Reinstall Nvidia GeForce Experience
- Press the Windows key + R to open Run.
- Type control and click OK to open the Control Panel.
- Go to Programs, and click Programs and Features.
- Select Nvidia GeForce Experience from the list of installed apps.
- Click on Uninstall. Click Yes if prompted by UAC.
- Follow on-screen instructions to remove the app.
- Download the latest Nvidia GeForce Experience app.
- Run the installer and proceed with the installation.
- Reboot the PC after the installation is complete.
Nvidia GeForce Experience offers tons of features. You can capture and share videos, take screenshots, and live-stream your gameplay.
However, if the Nvidia game filter won’t turn, it can be due to a buggy driver or corrupted files.
Try installing the latest Nvidia Geforce Experience version to fix any issues with the in-game overlay app when playing games.
If the problem persists, use DDU to clean install the Nvidia graphics driver.
This post was written by Tashreef Shareef and was first posted to WindowsReport
Do you find this article helpful? Your Friend might too. So, please Share it with them using the Share button above.
Will you like to get notified when I post new updates? Then Follow me on any of my social media handles: Google News, Telegram, WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest.
You can also drop your email address below if you wish to be notified by mail.