At times the error can occur due to a temporary glitch. To fix the problem, try restarting your Windows 10 system and check if the error is resolved.
If the issue persists, here are a few troubleshooting steps to help you resolve the Audacity could not find any audio devices error in Windows 10.
How do I fix Audacity could not find any audio devices error?
1. Update Audio Drivers with DriverFix
Incompatible or outdated drivers can cause the could not find any audio devices error when launching Audacity. Update all the audio drivers with DriverFix to resolve the error.
DriverFix is a popular Windows utility to update all your drivers with one click. It offers a huge database of over 18 Million driver files to update almost all the hardware components on your system.
Upon installation, the app scans the system for outdated and missing drivers. You can choose to update one or all the drivers at once. It also comes with a driver backup manager to backup and saves all of your drivers to a compressed zip file.
Key features of DriverFix:
- One-click update for missing and outdated drivers
- A huge database of over 18 million driver files
- Built-in backup and schedule manager
- Included download manager to check the progress
Resolve the Audacity could not find any audio devices error with just a few clicks in DriverFix.
2. Update audio drivers manually
- Press the Windows Key + R to open Run.
- Type devmgmt.msc and click OK to open Device Manager.
- In the Device Manager window, expand the Sound, video, and game controllers section.
- Right-click on your audio device and select Update Driver.
- Select Search automatically for updated drivers option.
- Follow on-screen instructions to download and install any pending audio driver updates.
- Next, expand the Audio input and output option and check if your audio device is listed.
- If you see the audio device listed, check if any driver update is available for the device as well.
- After the update is installed, reboot the computer and check if the error is resolved.
If the error Audacity could not find any audio devices – you will not be able to play or record audio persists, try reinstalling the affected audio device from Device Manager to fix the problem.
3. Uninstall the audio device
- Open Device Manager.
- Expand the Sound, video, and game controllers section.
- Right-click on your audio device and select Uninstall. Confirm the action and clicking on Uninstall.
- Once uninstalled, reboot the computer. Windows will automatically reinstall the missing device drivers upon restart.
- Lauch Audacity and check if the error is resolved.
4. Check for third-party audio software conflict
- Click Start and search Control.
- Locate and click on Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, go to Programs, and then open Programs and features.
- Here, find any other audio recording and editing tool that you may have installed.
- Select the app and click on Uninstall. Confirm the action when prompted by UAC.
The Audacity could not find any audio devices internal port audio error can occur if you have multiple audio recording and editing tools installed. Unformatenly, there is no way to know which app is causing the error.
Try to make a good guess and start with uninstalling the most recently installed audio recording and editing software from your PC. Do it until the error is resolved.
5. Reinstall Audacity
- Press the Windows key + R.
- Type appwiz.cpl and click OK to open Control Panel.
- Select Audacity from the list of installed apps and click on Uninstall.
- Once uninstalled, restart the computer.
- After the restart, download the latest version of Audacity and install the app.
The Audacity could not find any audio devices error in Windows 10 usually occurs if there are multiple audio recording and editing software installed.
This post was written by Tashreef Shareef and was first posted to WindowsReport
Do you find this article helpful? Your Friend might too. So, please Share it with them using the Share button above.
Will you like to get notified when I post new updates? Then Follow me on any of my social media handles: Google News, Telegram, WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest.
You can also drop your email address below if you wish to be notified by mail.